French ship Jeanne d'Arc
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from French cruiser Jeanne d'Arc)
- Jeanne d'Arc, a 52-gun frigate (1820-1834) built in Brest. She was the flagship of the Caribbean squadron.
- Jeanne d'Arc, a 42-gun frigate (1837-1865), commissioned in 1852. She took part in the Crimean War. Renamed Prudente in 1865, decommissioned in 1898
- Jeanne d'Arc, An armoured corvette (1867-1885) built in Cherbourg
- Jeanne d'Arc (1899), a cruiser built in 1901
- Jeanne d'Arc (1930), a light cruiser built in 1930
- Jeanne d'Arc (R97), the contemporary helicopter cruiser
Since 1912, it has been a tradition of the French Navy that the main school ship for officers be named Jeanne d'Arc.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|