French people in Pakistan
|Regions with significant populations|
|Islamabad · Karachi|
|French · Urdu|
|Christianity · Islam|
There are a small number of French people in Pakistan, consisting mostly of expatriates, employees, French spouses married to Pakistanis and French people of Pakistani descent who moved back into the country, along with Pakistani-born people of French ancestry. There are over 4000 French expatriates in Pakistan. French nationals are working in various branches of Alliance Française in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad for promotion of French culture and language while also teaching French as a second language to the locals. They are also working as visiting faculties in educational institutes such as Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design.
- Julien Columeau - Urdu novelist
- Osman Khalid Butt - actor
- Sonya Jehan - actress
- Sadaf Malaterre - Fashion designer
- Ayub K. Ommaya - scientist
- Baabar, Mariana. "French school closed down in Islamabad" (Archive). The News. Thursday 30 October 2008. Retrieved on 12 October 2015.
- Neumann, Benjamin. "EN TERRE D'ISLAM, OPÉRATION CAMOUFLAGE CHEZ LES EXPATRIÉS" (Archive). L'Express. 6 December 2001. "Basés à Karachi, ceux de la Direction des constructions navales (DCN) sont rentrés fin septembre en France. Idem pour les deux salariés d'Alstom et ceux de la Société générale. Quant à la deuxième école du pays, elle a fermé, faute d'élèves. "
- French novelist wants no govt patronage for writers, Daily Times (Pakistan)