Fresh Del Monte Produce
|Traded as||NYSE: FDP|
|Founded||1886, San Francisco, California|
|Headquarters||Coral Gables, Florida, U.S.|
|Mohammad Abu-Ghazaleh, Chairman & CEO, Hani El-Naffy, President & COO, Richard Contreras, SVP & CFO|
|Revenue||$3.93 Billion USD (2014)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||A Global Diversified Food Company|
Fresh Del Monte Produce Incorporated is a global producer, marketer and distributor of fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables. Fresh Del Monte Produce is also a producer and distributor of prepared fruit and vegetables, juices, beverages, snacks and desserts in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Fresh Del Monte Produce markets its fresh products worldwide under the Del Monte, UTC, ROSY and other brands. A key product is its Del Monte Gold pineapple. Although no longer affiliated with Del Monte Foods, Del Monte Produce continues to market pineapples, bananas, and other produce under a licensing agreement for the Del Monte label.
Fresh Del Monte Produce was created in 1989 when RJR Nabisco sold the fresh fruit division of Del Monte Foods to Polly Peck. After the collapse of Polly Peck, Fresh Del Monte was sold to Mexican businessman Carlos Cabal Peniche. Cabal fled Mexico after being accused of fraud and the Mexican government seized Fresh Del Monte. Mohammed Abu-Ghazaleh purchased Fresh Del Monte in 1996. The company went public in 1997. Fresh Del Monte acquired Del Monte Europe in 2004.
- FDP: Profile for FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. - Yahoo! Finance
- Fresh Del Monte Incorporated Website
- "Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. website". Retrieved 2012-03-31.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Del Monte Fresh Produce" or "Company") are not affiliates of Del Monte Corporation or its parent, Del Monte Foods Company.
- Fresh Del Monte FAQ
- Press, From Associated (1989-09-08). "British Conglomerate to Buy Part of Del Monte From RJR". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Brother Bush, two fugitives and a mystic 5". This is Money. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Arabian Business Power 500 2013 - ArabianBusiness.com". Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Fresh Del Monte Sells 16 Million Shares At $16 - Orlando Sentinel". Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "COMPANY NEWS; FRESH DEL MONTE TO BUY DEL MONTE FOODS EUROPE". The New York Times. 2004-07-16. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2015-02-09.