|Intimate Apparel, Underwear|
|Headquarters||New York, New York, U.S.A.|
Michael Kleinmann, (president 2001-2011)Matthew Butlein, (president 2011-present)
|Products||Underwear, Shapewear, Lingerie, and Performance|
Freshpair was founded in 2000 out of a one-bedroom apartment and moved into its New York office in 2004. It is presided by Matthew Butlein who joined the company in 2007 as a marketing analyst after completing a Harvard education. In 2011 he became Freshpair's President. Prior to Butlein, Michael Kleinmann served as the company's President from 2001-2011.
National Underwear Day
In an effort to promote underwear, Freshpair founded National Underwear Day on August 5, 2003. Employing underwear models, it advertised the event in heavily congested areas of New York, including Times Square, City Hall, and the New York Stock Exchange. Following a 2012 company rebrand, Freshpair promoted National Underwear Day by launching a pop-up shop near Columbus Circle. In 2013, Freshpair advertised the event in Times Square by attempting to break the Guinness World Record for largest gathering of people in their underwear. The company was unable to break the record, held at 2,270 by the Utah Undie Run.
In 2013, Freshpair partnered with soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo to launch his underwear collection CR7. Ronaldo collaborated with designer Richard Chai and Scandinavia manufacturer JBS for each line.
Recognition and Awards
2009: Freshpair received the Responsys Lead Forum Award.
2010: Freshpair received the CJYou award for Innovator of the Year.
2011, 2012: made the Hot 100 list by Internet Retailer.
2012: Freshpair received the PivotLink Excellence Award in Marketing Optimization.
- "Company Overview of Freshpair Inc.". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- "Freshpair Gives Package Goods New Meaning". adage.com. 2011-07-30. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- Rautenberg, Katherine (2011-06-03). "Freshpair President Steps Down". bodymagazine.us. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- Sims, Amy C. (2003-08-13). "Americans Encouraged to Bare Underwear - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment". FOXNews.com. Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- "It's Time for a Change: Freshpair.com Celebrates 10th Anniversary of National Underwear Day?, with NYC Pop-Up Store". iStockAnalyst. 2012-08-21. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- "Fresh Pair CEO and Friends Shoot for Guinness Record". wwd.com. 2013-08-07. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "A briefs encounter: Hundreds strip to their underwear in Times Square for world record attempt". DailyMail. 2013-08-06. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "2013 Freshpair Underwear Run-Friday, July 12, 2013". nyctri. 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "CR7 Underwear by Cristiano Ronaldo Global Launch". senatus.net. 2013-11-03. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Commission Junction Announces 2010 CJYou Award Winners". CJYou. 2010-09-30. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "Internet Retailer unveils its annual list of the Hot 100 e-retailers". internetretailer.com. 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2013-11-07.