This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public (ASX: FRE)|
|Rhonda O'Donnell, CEO
Kenneth V Loughnan, Chairman
|Products||Voice over Internet Protocol service, software and hardware|
Number of employees
Freshtel Holdings Limited is an Australian telephony company developing and marketing Voice over IP products and services. Freshtel Holdings Limited offers VoIP solutions to wholesale customers globally through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Voicedot and Virbiage, and has a direct-to-market retail channel through Freshtel Pty Ltd.
In December 2005 Freshtel signed an agreement with Tesco to provide a white label Internet telephony solution for the UK market. In late December 2005 Tesco acquired a 6% stake in Freshtel, increased to 12% in November 2006.
Due to significant losses on its UK activity (including transfer costs), which contributed over 70% of revenue, Freshtel announced in February 2010 that an agreement had been reached with Tesco to terminate the VOIP services it had provided. In May 2010 Freshtel announced that it had sold its UK operation for $150,000.
Virbiage is a manufacturer and distributor of VoIP hardware such as Internet telephones and analogue telephone adaptors. Virbiage retails these products through its own web site and through distribution agreements with international partners.
Voicedot Networks (formerly VoiceStream Networks) runs the Internet telephone network used to route data for Freshtel's customers. Voicedot provides a wholesale version of the Freshtel Australia retail offering.
Both of these companies supply services to Freshtel Pty Ltd, the retail provider of these services.
- "Freshtel Holdings Limited Annual Report 2009". Freshtel Holdings Limited. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- "Tesco launches net call service". BBC News. 19 January 2006. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- "UK Tesco to take stake in Freshtel". Australian Associated Press. 29 December 2005. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- Jenkins, Chris (22 November 2006). "Freshtel finds every little helps". Australian IT. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- "Freshtel Restructures Business and Upgrades VoIP Platform". Freshtel Holdings Limited. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Freshtel Business Update". Freshtel Holdings Limited. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.