Fresno City College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Public Junior College|
|Address||1101 E. University Ave. Fresno, CA 93741, Fresno, California, USA|
|Colors||Red and White|
|Website||Fresno City College|
Fresno City College (FCC or "Fresno City") is a community college in Fresno, California. It is part of the State Center Community College District (SCCCD) within the California Community Colleges system and accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The school offers Associate degrees and certificates.
Fresno City operates on a semester schedule. The school's sister colleges are Reedley College, located in Reedley, California, and Clovis Community College (formerly known as the Willow International Center) in northeastern Fresno. Additional campuses in the district include the Oakhurst Center (serving the foothill communities) and the Madera Center (across the San Joaquin River, in the town of Madera).
The college is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The school offers Associate's Degrees, and students can earn a Certificate of Completion, or transfer to a 4-year university of their choice. Students can also apply to and attend the on campus Police Academy, a basic police officer academy accredited by California Police Officer Standards and Training.
The campus is near the Tower District in Fresno. Additional campuses in the district include Clovis Community College, the Oakhurst Center (serving the foothill communities), and the Madera Center (across the San Joaquin River, in the town of Madera). The school's sister college is Reedley College, located in Reedley, California.
Organization and administration
Fresno City College is a part of the California Community Colleges system, within the State Center Community College District (SCCCD). Carole Goldsmith is the current president of Fresno City College, and the Chancellor of the SCCCD is Paul Parnell. Fresno City operates on a semester schedule.
- The Rampage (College Newspaper)
- City at a Glance (College Newsletter)
- The Ram's Tale (College works from English & Art students)
- IntenseCITY (College Magazine)
The college athletic teams are nicknamed the Rams. Fresno City has won 247 Conference Championships and 53 CCCAA State Championships. Men's Basketball (1955, 1963, 2005*, 2007 & 2012), Women's Soccer (1988 & 2017**), Baseball (1961, 1962, 1963, 1972 & 1992), Football (1968, 1969, 1972 & 1973), Women's Tennis (1999 & 2000), Men's Tennis (2004, 2012, 2013 & 2014) Women's Volleyball (2016), Badminton (2016), Men's Soccer (2017) Wrestling has won 12 CCCAA Duel Championships (1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2017) they have also won 15 Team Championships (1959, 1962, 1975, 1989, 1993, 1994, 1998, 2001, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016 & 2017)
- 2005 Fresno City Men's team went Undefeated 34-0
- 2017 Women's Soccer team went 25-0-2 and was awarded the JC Division III National Championship
This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Rob Deer Former Major League Baseball right fielder, played with the San Francisco Giants, Milwaukee Brewers, Detroit Tigers, Boston Red Sox, Hanshin Tigers, and the San Diego Padres
- Gary Soto Mexican-American author and poet
- Ted Lilly Retired Major League Baseball pitcher, played for the Montreal Expos, Washington Nationals, New York Yankees, Oakland A's, Toronto Blue Jays, Chicago Cubs & Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Tom Seaver Major League Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher (Member of the 1969 New York Mets World Series Championship Team)
- Matt Giordano Defensive Back for the St. Louis Rams(Super Bowl Champion with the 2006 Indianapolis Colts) has played for Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints & Oakland Raiders
- Tom Flores 2-Time super bowl champion Head Coach of the Oakland Raiders, also former Head Coach of the Seattle Seahawks, Flores is a member of the FCC Football Wall of Fame.
- Maurice Morris NFL Free Agent Running back.
- Cameron Worrell Free-Agent Defensive Back has played for the Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins & New York Jets, is currently the Defensive backs coach for the Fresno City College Football team.
- Zach Diles NFL Free Agents Linebacker, as played for Houston Texans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts, St. Louis Rams & Tennessee Titans
- Rafer Alston NBA Free-Agent (Member of the 2008/2009 Orlando Magic Eastern Conference Championship Team)
- Jim Merlo Linebacker for the New Orleans Saints
- Chris Colfer Attended for three weeks before being cast in Glee
- Zoila Gurgel professional female mixed martial artist, Won the Bellator Women's 115 lb Championship
- Greg Boyd- Former NFL Defensive End with the New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers and the Los Angeles Raiders.
- Andrew Stewart, football player
- Alex Stewart, football player
- Fresno City College: Management Council
- "Rob Deer Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Zoila Gurgel MMA Bio". Retrieved 2014-01-01.