|Industry||Video game industry|
|Thomas Grip and Jens Nilsson|
Frictional Games, Inc. is an independent video game company located in Helsingborg, Sweden. The developer comprises a small core team and is led by Thomas Grip and Jens Nilsson. Certain key roles such as Music are performed by external staff like Mikko Tarmia. Linux and Mac OS X ports are handled by Edward Rudd.
All of Frictional's titles employ the in-house game engine HPL. The company's first commercially released video game was the survival horror game Penumbra: Overture in 2007. It is based on Frictional Games' earlier game Penumbra, a short tech demo meant to demonstrate the capabilities of the company's engine. Overture was followed by its sequel Penumbra: Black Plague in 2008 which in turn was followed by the expansion Penumbra: Requiem later in 2008. In 2010, Frictional Games released their fourth game Amnesia: The Dark Descent which introduced version 2 of the HPL Engine. They have acted as executive producers and publishers on an indirect sequel to The Dark Descent titled Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, developed by The Chinese Room and released in 2013.
List of video games
|2008||Penumbra: Black Plague||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No|
|2010||Amnesia: The Dark Descent||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No|
|2013||Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No|
- Frictional Games, Penumbra: Overture for Linux out now!
- Game Central, Interview with Frictional Games
- Frictional Games, Penumbra Tech Demo 2006
- LinuxGames, Penumbra: Black Plague Final
- LinuxGames, Penumbra: Requiem Released for Linux
- Linux Gaming News, Interview With Frictional Games - Amnesia
- Grayson, Nathan (11 September 2012). "Amnesia Devs Hint At Next Project, Dismiss Piracy". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "SOMA - Info". Somagame.com. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- Official website
- Frictional Games on Blogger
- Frictional Games on Twitter
- Frictional Games on Facebook
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|