Frida (given name)
Frida (with variants Freda, Freedia, Frieda and Freida) is a feminine given name. In Scandinavian countries, it derives from the Old Norse name Fríða, meaning "beautiful, beloved". In central and eastern Europe, Frida is a short form of compound names containing the Germanic element fried meaning "peace".
People with the name include
- Freda Betti (1924-1979), French opera singer
- Freda Corbet (1900-1993), British politician
- Freda Dowie (born 1928), English actress
- Freda Du Faur (1882-1935), Australian mountaineer
- Freda Dudley Ward (1894-1983), English socialite and mistress of future king Edward VIII
- Freda Gardner (born 1929), former Moderator of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Freda Jackson (1907-1990), British actress
- Freda James (1911-1988), British tennis player
- Freda Payne (born 1942), American singer and actress
- Freda L. Wolfson (born 1954), American judge
- Big Freedia (born 1978), American musician
- Frida Gustavsson (born 1993), Swedish model
- Frida Hansdotter (born 1985), Swedish alpine skier
- Frida Hyvönen (born 1977), Swedish singer-songwriter
- Frida Kahlo (1907-1954), Mexican painter
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad (born 1945), Swedish pop singer and member of ABBA, also known by her mononym Frida
- Frida Stéenhoff (1865-1945), Swedish writer and feminist
- Frieda Belinfante (1904-1995), Dutch cellist, conductor, prominent lesbian and member of the Dutch Resistance during World War II
- Frieda Dänzer (born 1931), Swiss former Alpine skier
- Frieda Hempel (1885–1955), German operatic soprano
- Frieda Inescort (1901-1976), Scottish stage and film actress
- Frieda von Richthofen (1879-1956), wife of the writer D. H. Lawrence
- Frieda Zamba (born 1965), American four-time world surfing champion
- Freida Lee Mock, award-winning filmmaker
- Freida Pinto (born 1984), Indian actress and model
- Freida J. Riley (1937–1969), American science and math teacher
- Frieda, a character from the comic strip Peanuts
- Frieda Petrenko, a character from UK TV series Holby City
- Frieda Pesky, a character from the TV series The Buzz on Maggie
- Frida Rivera, a fictional character in the Marvel Comics universe, aka Contact
- Frida Saurez, a character from the television series El Tigre
- Frida Villarreal, character in the telenovela Entre el amor y el odio
- All pages beginning with "Freda"
- All pages beginning with "Freida"
- All pages beginning with "Frida"
- All pages beginning with "Frieda"
- Freda (disambiguation)
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|