Title card of Friday Live
|Also known as||Friday Night Live|
|Genre||Current affairs, commentary|
|Presented by||Chris Kenny|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Production location(s)||Sydney, NSW|
|Running time||1 hour (inc. adverts)|
|Original network||Sky News Australia|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||5 July 2013 –|
12 December 2014
|Related shows||Saturday Live|
Friday Live (originally titled Friday Night Live) is an Australian television commentary program that was broadcast on Sky News Live. The series premiered on 5 July 2013 as an extension of the Paul Murray Live brand. The program is hosted by conservative journalist and commentator Chris Kenny.
The program was broadcast live from the Sky News centre in the Sydney suburb of Macquarie Park. The program ended on 12 December 2014 and was replaced by a second weekly edition of Viewpoint, which Kenny also hosts.
A spin-off of the format titled Saturday Live premiered on 10 August 2013, designed as a short-run format in the lead up to the 2013 federal election. The initial season ran for four weeks, wrapping up on 31 August 2013. The show returned on 30 April 2016 ahead of the 2016 election. Additionally, it was joined by another spin-off the following night titled Sunday Live.
A segment from Saturday Live was extended to its own program in 2016, titled So You Want To Be A Politician? in which Perrett interviews minor party and independent candidates hoping to be elected.
- Knox, David (26 June 2013). "SKY News adds Friday Night Live edition". TV Tonight. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Davidson, Darren (17 December 2014). "Chris Kenny, Paul Murray in Sky News revamp". The Australian. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- Knox, David (5 August 2013). "SKY News: 2013 Election coverage". TV Tonight. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- Sharri Markson [@SharriMarkson] (12 December 2014). "Chris Kenny says it's the last Friday Night Live. Ever. @chriskkenny" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Knox, David (6 August 2013). "SKY News launches two political shows". TV Tonight. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "PerrettReport on Twitter". Twitter. 30 April 2016. Archived from the original on 30 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Saturday Live on Foxtel". 30 April 2016. Archived from the original on 29 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Sunday Live on Foxtel". 30 April 2016. Archived from the original on 29 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Knox, David (9 May 2016). "SKY News election channel: guide". TV Tonight. Archived from the original on 9 May 2016.
- Byrnes, Holly (12 June 2016). "Pollie want a talk show". The Sunday Telegraph. Sydney. p. 124.
SKY News maven Janine Perrett has a celver way to profile some of this election's newcomers with her Saturday night show (8pm) segment, So You Want To Be A Politician?
- Ball, Jim (11 June 2016). "I'll be on Sky News tonight with Janine Perrett". Jim Ball. Retrieved 25 June 2016.