Friday Night in San Francisco is a 1981 live album by Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin and Paco de Lucía. It was described by jazz author and critic Walter Kolosky as "a musical event that could be compared to the Benny Goodman Band's performance at Carnegie Hall in 1938 ... [it] may be considered the most influential of all live acoustic guitar albums".
All the tracks except "Guardian Angel" were recorded live at The Warfield Theatre on 5 December 1980, in San Francisco; "Guardian Angel" was recorded at Minot Sound, in White Plains, New York.
|3.||"Frevo Rasgado" (Egberto Gismonti)||John McLaughlin (left channel) and Paco de Lucía (right channel)||7:54|
|4.||"Fantasia Suite" (Al Di Meola)||Paco de Lucía (left channel), John McLaughlin (middle channel) and Al Di Meola (right channel)||8:41|
|5.||"Guardian Angel" (John McLaughlin)||Paco de Lucía (left channel), John McLaughlin (middle channel) and Al Di Meola (right channel)||4:00|
- ^ Gioffre, Daniel. "Friday Night in San Francisco - Al di Meola | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- ^ Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. pp. 61. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- ^ Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 977. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- ^ Kolosky, Walter (2002). "John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Paco DeLucia: Friday Night in San Francisco (1981)". Archived from the original on 22 October 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- ^ a b "Friday Night in San Francisco - Al di Meola,Paco de Lucía,John McLaughlin | Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- ^ Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrated ed.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 84. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.