Frederika Marie Joseph (Frieda) Brepoels (Dutch: [ˈfriːdaː ˈbreːpuls]; born on 7 May 1955 in Mopertingen) is a Belgian politician of N-VA, mayor of Bilzen and former Member of the European Parliament for Flanders.
Brepoels is architect by profession, having studied architecture in Hasselt.
From 1987 until 2003 she was member of the Chamber of Representatives, except for the period 1991–1999 when she was deputy in the provincial executive of Limburg.
She became Member of the European Parliament in 2004 as a substitute for Geert Bourgeois, who did not take up his seat. In the European Parliament, she sat on the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety and she was a substitute for the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, a member of the Delegation to the EU-Armenia, EU-Azerbaijan and EU-Georgia Parliamentary Cooperation Committees and a substitute for the Delegation for relations with the countries of the Andean Community.
She was candidate for the Chamber of Representatives in the 2014 elections, but was not elected.
- 1978-1993: Self-employed architect
- 1988-2001: Member of the VU party council and executive
- since 2001: Vice-Chairwoman of the N-VA
- since 2001: Member of the administrative committee
- since 2001: Member of the party executive
- since 2001: Member of the party council
- since 2001: Member of the Limburg provincial executive and council
- 1982-1991: Member of the Bilzen Municipal Council
- 1982-1988: Deputy Mayor of Bilzen
- 1987-1991: Flemish Council (double mandate with the federal parliament)
- 1985-1987: Member of the Limburg Provincial Council
- 1991-1999: Member for Limburg
- 1987-1991 and 1999-2003: Member of the federal parliament
- 2000-2003: group chairwoman, House of Representatives
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Frieda Brepoels.|
- Personal Website
- Personal profile of Frieda Brepoels in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Dutch)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Belgium is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|