|Municipal assoc.||Wachenheim an der Weinstraße|
|• Mayor||Walter Hafner|
|• Total||4.16 km2 (1.61 sq mi)|
|Elevation||117 m (384 ft)|
|• Density||350/km2 (900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
On 24 June 770, Friedelsheim had its first documentary mention.
The council is made up of 16 council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The municipal election held on 7 June 2009 yielded the following results:
Coat of arms
The German blazon reads: Eine vor blauem Hintergrund abgebildete silberne Burg mit offenem Tor und drei Türmen mit spitzen roten Dächern, gekrönt von je einer goldenen Wetterfahne.
The arms are based on an old municipal seal, first known to have been used in 1698. The arms were officially conferred on 17 September 1853.
Culture and sightseeing
- On the third Sunday in August, the Friedelsheimer Weinkerwe – the wine fair – is held.
- On the second day of Advent, a Christmas market is held at the Protestant church.
Economy and infrastructure
Sons and daughters of the town
- Christian Philipp Koester (1784–1851), painter and restorer
- Jakob Latscha (1849–1912), businessman
- Ethelbert Stauffer (1902–1979), theologian
- "Bevölkerungsstand 2018 - Gemeindeebene". Statistisches Landesamt Rheinland-Pfalz (in German). 2019.
- Kommunalwahl Rheinland-Pfalz 2009, Gemeinderat
- Description and explanation of Friedelsheim’s arms
- Municipality’s official webpage (in German)
|This Bad Dürkheim district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|