Friedrich-Wilhelm Graefe zu Baringdorf
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Friedrich-Wilhelm Graefe zu Baringdorf (born 29 November 1942 in Spenge) was Member of the European Parliament for the German political party Alliance '90/The Greens, part of the European Greens, from 1984 to 1987 and 1989 to 2009, and from 1996 to 2012 chairperson of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft bäuerliche Landwirtschaft (ABL), an association for peasant-based or family-farming in Germany.
Graefe zu Baringdorf owns and operates the farm "Berninghof" in Baringdorf, a small ribbon-built village in the municipality Spenge. The family farm traces its heritage back several centuries. In 1992, he converted the farm to ecological farming. Potatoes, bread cereals and vegetables grow on the fields, and pigs and chickens give meat and eggs. The produce is marketed primarily in the shop on the farm itself and via stands on street markets in Bielefeld and nearby Spenge.
- Personal profile of Friedrich-Wilhelm Graefe zu Baringdorf in the European Parliament's database of members
- Website of Graefe zu Baringdorf's farm
- Müller, Dirk (29 November 2012). "Spenge: Friedrich Wilhelm Graefe zu Baringdorf hat Geburtstag - Neue Westfälische - OWL". nw-news.de. Neue Westfälische - OWL. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- Wind, Ekkehard (30 November 2012). "Spenge: 'Im Herzen bin ich Europäer geblieben'". nw-news.de. Neue Westfälische. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- Graefe zu Baringdorf, Friedrich-Wilhelm; Völker, Günter; Weißenberg, Christine (29 November 2012). "Bäuerliche Landwirtschaft gestalten, nicht verwalten" (Interview). Interview with "Bauernstimme" editors. Bauernstimme. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "AbL hat neuen Vorstand - AbL - Arbeitsgemeinschaft bäuerliche Landwirtschaft e.V. - Pressemitteilung". lifepr.de (Press release). 26 November 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "AbL e.V.: Die AbL". abl-ev.de. Arbeitsgemeinschaft bäuerliche Landwirtschaft. 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Berninghof - about us". berninghof.de. 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a member of the German Alliance '90/The Greens Party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|