|Born||18 February 1898
|Died||4 September 1944
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1916–44|
|Commands held||257. Infanterie-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Friedrich Blümke (18 February 1898 – 4 September 1944) was a highly decorated Oberst in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Friedrich Blümke was wounded in August 1944 and was captured by Soviet troops in September. He died on 4 September 1944 in a Soviet prisoner of war camp near Odessa.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Sudetenland Medal
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (17 September 1939)
- 1st Class (20 October 1939)
- Eastern Front Medal
- Crimea Shield
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (7 October 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 6 November 1943 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 347
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 115.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Ritterkreuztraeger 1939-1945
- Friedrich Blümke @ Axis Biographical Research at the Wayback Machine (archived October 28, 2009)
Generalleutnant Anton-Reichard Freiherr von Mauchenheim
|Commander of 257. Infanterie-Division
2 July 1944 – August 1944