Friedrich Karl Dörner
Born in 1911 as son of the mining office Karl Dörner and his wife Klara in Gelsenkirchen, he studied at the Universities of Münster and Greifswald under Josef Keil Classics, and finished his PhD in 1935. Immediately after that, he was employed by the German Archeological Institute in Berlin and went abroad with the institute's archeological scholarship for 1936/37. 1938–1940, he worked for the DAI in Istanbul as research associate. During this time, he worked at Boğazkale/Hattuša in Turkey, and also visited Bithynia and the Kingdom of Commagene in Asia Minor, which from then on formed his major research area.
- "40 Jahre Forschungsstelle Asia Minor". 2008-03-13. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- "Asia Minor – zur Person Friedrich Karl Dörner". Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- Arsameia am Nymphaios: Die Ausgrabungen im Hierothesion des Mithradates Kallinikos von 1953-1956, mit Theresa Goell. Gebr. Mann, 1963, ISBN 3-8030-1754-8.
- Der Thron der Götter auf dem Nemrud Dağ. 2. Aufl. Gustav Lübbe, 1987, ISBN 3-7857-0277-9.
- Von Pergamon zum Nemrud Dağ: Die archäologischen Entdeckungen Carl Humanns, mit Eleonore Dörner. P. von Zabern, 1989, ISBN 3-8053-0998-8