Friedrich Schröder (August 6, 1910 – September 25, 1972) was a German composer of what could be referred to as light music.
Born in Näfels, Switzerland, Schröder studied music in Stuttgart, Münster, and Berlin. Already in those early days he wrote film scores. For a short period between 1934 and 1937 he also worked as a Kapellmeister. He composed a number of operettas and Schlager, many of which have been popular ever since.
Schröder died in West Berlin, aged 62.
- "Ich tanze mit dir in den Himmel hinein"
- "So stell ich mir die Liebe vor"
- "Man müsste Klavier spielen können" (sung by Johannes Heesters et al.)
- "Liebling, was wird nun aus uns beiden?"
- "Komm mit mir nach Tahiti"
- "Die Negermama singt ein uraltes Lied"
- "Gnädige Frau wo war'n sie gestern?" ( a tango sung by Theo Lingen et al.)
- "Träume kann man nicht verbieten"