Friends (Hugh Masekela and Larry Willis album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||June 15, 2012|
|Label||House of Masekela HOM001|
|Hugh Masekela and Larry Willis chronology|
Friends is a collaborative album by South African jazz trumpeter Hugh Masekela and American jazz pianist Larry Willis. The album is the long-awaited sequel to Almost Like Being in Jazz released in 2005. Recorded in Pretoria, Friends premiered in Cape Town at the Mahogony Room in April 2012. It is a four-piece album, a 39-track boxset reworking of American jazz standards, released on the new record label, House of Masekela.
- Hewett, Ivan (9 June 2015). "Hugh Masekela & Larry Willis, Barbican, review: 'royally entertaining'". The Telegraph. telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Effinger, Shannon J. (1 May 2012). "Hugh Masekela & Larry Willis: FRIENDS". revive-music.com. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Friends: Hugh Masekela and Larry Willis warm up the Music Circuit". Design Indaba. designindaba.com. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Hugh Masekela & Larry Willis: FRIENDS Past Performance". jazz.org. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Hugh Masekela, Larry Willis – Friends". Discogs. discogs.com. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
|This 2010s jazz album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|