|Elevation||633 ft (193 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||434856|
On February 3, 1837, a post office named Harts Mill was established, with Hiram A. Hart as the first postmaster. On July 5, 1849, William Hart laid out the village, and establish the settlement's name for his family. On January 14, 1868, Friendship was the new name for the post office. WPA files state that the postmaster thought that the locals were quietly friendly, although others say it was so named because Friendship built the settlement.
Twice a year, the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association holds major shoots in the community. During the months of June and September (2nd full weekend through the 3rd full weekend), to coincide with the NMLRA shoots, Friendship hosts Indiana's most distinctive open air flea market event. Vendors from around the country, but especially from the "tri-state" area of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana participate. The flea market is in two sections, one in town and the other on the other side of the Walter Cline gun range.
- Statue of Hope - Wilson Memorial, Friendship, Indiana
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Friendship, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- From Needmore to Prosperity, Ronald L. Baker, 1995
|This Ripley County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|