Friendswood Independent School District
FISD covers the Galveston County portion of the city of Friendswood (the portion south of Clear Creek, which is the majority of the city).
The Friendswood Independent School District was established on December 21, 1948. The district covers 15 square miles (39 km2) and borders the Alvin, Pearland and Clear Creek school districts.
Junior high schools
- Friendswood Junior High School
- Bales Intermediate School
- Windsong Intermediate School
- Cline Elementary School
- Westwood Elementary School
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.