11 May 1938
|Died||4 August 2018(aged 80)|
|Known for||Biophoton emissions|
|Institutions||University of Marburg|
University of Kaiserslautern
International Institute of Biophysics - Neuss
Popp was born in 1938 in Frankfurt. He has a diploma in Experimental Physics (1966, University Würzburg), a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics (1969, University Mainz), and a habilitation in Biophysics and Medicine (1973, University Marburg). He was awarded Professorship (H2) by the Senate of Marburg University, and lectured at Marburg University from 1973 to 1980. He also received the Röntgen prize from the University Würzburg.
He was head of a research group in the pharmaceutical industry in Worms from 1981 to 1983 and head of a research group at the Institute of Cell Biology (University of Kaiserslautern) from 1983 to 1986 and of another research group at the Technology Center in Kaiserslautern. Popp became an Invited Member and of the New York Academy of Sciences and an Invited Foreign Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (RANS).
Popp is the founder of the International Institute of Biophysics in Neuss (1996), Germany, an international network of 19 research groups from 13 countries involved in biophoton research and coherence systems in biology.
- "International Institute of Life Energy". www.life-energy.institute. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- Champagne, C. S. K. Mishra, Pascale (2009-01-01). Biotechnology Applications. I. K. International Pvt Ltd. pp. 363–. ISBN 9789380026299. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Bischof, Marco (2008-06-01). "A tribute to Fritz-Albert Popp on the occasion of his 70th birthday". Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 46: 267–72. PMID 18697611.
- Rattemeyer M., Popp F. A., Nagl,W. (1981) Evidence of photon emission from DNA in living systems, Nature Wissenshanften, 68 (11): 572-573.
- Popp, F. A., Li, K., Gu. Q. (1992) Recent advances in biophoton research and its application, World scientific, 1-18.
- Popp, F. A., Quao, G., Ke-Hsuen, L. (1994) Biophoton emission: experimental background and theoretical approaches, Modern Physics Letters B, 8 (21-22).
- Popp, F. A., Chang J.J., Herzog, A., Yan, Z., Yan, Y. (2002) Evidence of non-classical (squeezed) light in biological systems. Physics Letters A, 293(1-2): 98-102.
- Cohen, S., Popp, F.A. (1997) Biophoton emission of the human body. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology 40(2): 187-189.