From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||3 January 1888|
|Died||4 November 1960(aged 72)|
|Rank||General der Panzertruppe|
World War II
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (16 September 1914) & 1st Class (9 October 1916)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (24 September 1939) & 1st Class (23 October 1939)
- German Cross in Gold on 8 February 1942 as Oberst in Infanterie-Regiment 29
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Knight's Cross on 19 July 1940 Oberst and commander of the Infanterie-Regiment 29 (motorized)
- Oak Leaves on 26 June 1944 as Generalleutnant and commander of the 3. Panzergrenadier-Division
- Swords on 8 May 1945 as als General der Panzertruppe and commanding officer of the 4. Panzerarmee[Note 1]
- Fritz-Hubert Gräser's nomination by the troop was received by the Heerespersonalamt (HPA—Army Personnel Office) on 29 April 1945. General Ernst Maisel noted: "I approve the nomination! 30 April". The nomination list for the higher grades of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross only notes the nomination entry date as 29 April 1945. There is no indication that the award was granted. The paperwork was not finalized by the end of the war. The Association of Knight's Cross Recipients (AKCR) claims that the award was presented in accordance with the Dönitz-decree. This is illegal according to the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) and lacks legal justification.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.
|Commander of 3. Panzergrenadier-Division
1 March 1943 – March 1944
Generalmajor Hans Hecker
General der Panzertruppe Walther Nehring
|Commander of XLVIII Panzer Corps
19 August 1944 – 20 September 1944
General der Panzertruppe Maximilian Reichsfreiherr von Edelsheim
General der Panzertruppe Hermann Balck
|Commander of 4. Panzer-Armee
21 September 1944 – 8 May 1945
|This biographical article related to the German Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|