Fritz Becker (general)
7 March 1892|
|Died||11 June 1967
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1913–45|
|Commands held||370. Infanterie-Division
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Fritz Becker (7 March 1892 – 11 June 1967) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who held commands at divisional and corps levels. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Fritz Becker was captured by British troops in April 1945 and was held until 1948
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (September 1914)
- 1st Class (29 October 1916)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- In Black
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 (13 December 1934)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (24 May 1940)
- 1st Class (3 June 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal (3 September 1942)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Bronze (24 November 1941)
- German Cross in Gold on 22 November 1941 as Oberst in Infanterie-Regiment 60 (motorized)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 6 April 1943 as Generalmajor and commander of 370. Infanterie-Division
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 30.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 107.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.