Fritz Lang filmography
Fritz Lang was an Austrian film director, producer and screenwriter. In Lang's early career he worked primarily as a screenwriter, finishing film scripts in four to five days. Lang went on to direct popular films of the silent era including Metropolis and one of the first important German sound films M. Lang went on to direct some of the most important crime and film noir film of the American studio era, such as The Big Heat. Lang's final film work was an acting role as himself in Jean-Luc Godard's Contempt. Lang returned to America to live out his remaining years.
- "Fritz Lang > Filmography". Allmovie. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- McGilligan, Patrick (June 1997). Fritz Lang: the nature of the beast. St. Martin's Press. pp. 483–503. ISBN 0-312-19454-4.
- Eisner, Lotte H (1986). Fritz Lang. Da Capo Press. ISBN 0-306-80271-6. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- Grant, Barry Keith (2007). Film genre: from iconography to ideology. Wallflower Press. ISBN 1-904764-79-7. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- Eisner, 1986. p.407
- Ankeny, Jason. "Fritz Lang > Biography - Allmovie". Allmovie. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- Grant, 2007. p.71