Fritz Pölking was a certified German Master of Photography ("Fotografenmeister") who started publishing books and journals on nature.
His magazine "Tier- und Naturfotografie“ ("Photography of Animals and Nature") was the predecessor of "NaturFoto“ which is nowadays published by the Tecklenborg Verlag.
Fritz Pölking was also one of the founders of the "Gesellschaft Deutscher Tierfotografen e. V." (German Society of Nature Photographers) 
- "Fritz Pölking, a great bird photographer". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "Honorable mention". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "He co-founded Gesellschaft Deutscher Tierfotografen (Society of German Nature Photographers) and was one of the first international members of the National American Nature Photography Association". Retrieved 2011-06-20.
- "Photographer of the day: Fritz Pölking". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "The German photographer was regarded as a pioneer of modern wildlife photography in Europe, winning many awards throughout his career including BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "Fritz Pölking and Fritz Pölking Junior AWARD 2011 Information and competition rules for photographers" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "After being in the jury of the contest "European Wildlife Photographer of the Year" last year, I have now the honour (and pleasure) to be in the jury of the "Fritz-Pölking-Award", together with Gisela Pölking, Stephanie and Hubert Tecklenborg". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "2008 he was awarded the Fritz Poelking Prize by the Society of German Wildlife Photographers (GDT)". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "The contest, presented annually by the Society of German Nature Photographers, awards photographs in eight different categories as well as the Fritz Pölking Award and Fritz Pölking Junior Award". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "This year I got the 2nd price at the Fritz Pölking Nachwuchspreis of the GDT. This is actually my first international success". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "The winner of the Fritz Pölking Nachwuchspreis was Fergus Gill from Scotland [sic]. He won with a portfolio of wildlife images in winter. He is just 17 and already has some amazing images". Retrieved 2011-06-21.
- "Solvin receives the Fritz Pölking Award 2010 for his story on the Arribada of the olive ridley sea turtle (Lepidochelys olivacea) in Costa Rica". Retrieved 2011-06-20.