Terje Gewelt and Frode Nymo
live at Herr Nilsen in Oslo February 25, 2012.
(Photo: Bjørn Erik Pedersen)
|Born||27 November 1975|
|Associated acts||Trondheim Jazz Orchestra, Urban Connection|
Nymo was early on involved in "Bodø Big Band" under the guidance of Henning Gravrok, and is a graduate of the Jazz Program at Trondheim Musikkonservatorium, where he and fellow students established Urban Connection, awarded the title of "Young Jazz Musicians of the Year" in 1998, at Norway's prestigious Molde International Jazz Festival, forerunner of today's Jazz Intro Award, and Spellemannprisen 2001. The result have been three album releases, and touring under the auspices of the Moldejazz, where they visited several of the major festivals in Europe, like the Montreaux Jazz Festival, the North Sea Jazz Festival in Rotterdam, and the Istanbul Jazz Festival amongst others, as well as being Norway's contribution EBU Festival in the Czech and Norwegian jazz forums envoys to the jazz festival in the Faroe Islands. With his brother, he released the album Inner Urge (2004), and was honored "This year's attention" in Valnesfjord 1997.
- "This year's attention" in Valnesfjord 1997
- "Young Jazz Musicians of the Year" 1998 at Moldejazz
- Spellemannprisen 2001 in the class Jazz, for the album Urban Connection (2001), within Urban Connection
Discography (in selection)
Within Urban Connection
- 2001: Urban Connection (Bergland Productions)
- 2002: French Only (Bergland Productions)
- 2004: UC 3 (Bergland Productions)
Within "Atle Nymo and Frode Nymo Quartet"
- 2004: Inner Urge (Taurus Records), feat. Roger Kellaway, with additional Håkon Mjåset Johansen (drums) and Ole Morten Vågan (bass)
Within Børre Dalhaug's "Bigbandblast"
- With Erik Wesseltoft
- 2013: To Someone I Knew (Normann Records)
- "Nymo, Frode Biography" (in Norwegian). Norsk Musikkinformasjon MIC.no. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Frode Nymo (in Norwegian). Store Norske Leksikon. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Editorial (20 March 2002). "Urban Connection – "French Only"". Norsk Musikkinformasjon MIC.no. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Tor Hammerø (8 November 2004). "Atle Nymo Frode Nymo Quartet Featuring Roger Kellaway: Inner Urge" (in Norwegian). Puls.no. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Tomas Lauvland Pettersen (13 December 2005). "Urban Connection: UC 3". Listen to Norway Ballade.no. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Gorseth, Olav (22 September 2004). "Dødelig presist – Storbandplate produsert lag på lag" (in Norwegian). Bergens Tidende. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- Media related to Frode Nymo at Wikimedia Commons