|Born||27 November 1975|
|Associated acts||Trondheim Jazz Orchestra, Urban Connection|
Nymo was born in Egersund and brought up in Valnesfjord, near Fauske. Early in his career, he was a member of the Bodø Big Band led by Henning Gravrok, and he is a graduate of the Jazz Program at Trondheim Musikkonservatorium, where he and fellow students established Urban Connection, awarded the title of "Young Jazz Musicians of the Year" in 1998, at Norway's prestigious Molde International Jazz Festival, forerunner of today's Jazz Intro Award, and Spellemannprisen 2001. The result have been three album releases, and touring under the auspices of the Moldejazz, where they visited several of the major festivals in Europe, like the Montreaux Jazz Festival, the North Sea Jazz Festival in Rotterdam, and the Istanbul Jazz Festival amongst others, as well as being Norway's contribution EBU Festival in the Czech and Norwegian jazz forums envoys to the jazz festival in the Faroe Islands. With his brother, he released the album Inner Urge (2004), and was honored "This year's attention" in Valnesfjord 1997.
- "This year's attention" in Valnesfjord 1997
- "Young Jazz Musicians of the Year" 1998 at Moldejazz
- Spellemannprisen 2001 in the class Jazz, for the album Urban Connection (2001), within Urban Connection
Discography (in selection)
Within Urban Connection
- 2001: Urban Connection (Bergland Productions)
- 2002: French Only (Bergland Productions)
- 2004: UC 3 (Bergland Productions)
Within "Atle Nymo and Frode Nymo Quartet"
- 2004: Inner Urge (Taurus Records), feat. Roger Kellaway, with additional Håkon Mjåset Johansen (drums) and Ole Morten Vågan (bass)
Within Børre Dalhaug's "Bigbandblast"
- With Erik Wesseltoft
- 2013: To Someone I Knew (Normann Records)
- "Nymo, Frode Biography" (in Norwegian). Norsk Musikkinformasjon MIC.no. Retrieved 31 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Frode Nymo (in Norwegian). Store Norske Leksikon. Retrieved 31 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Editorial (20 March 2002). "Urban Connection – "French Only"". Norsk Musikkinformasjon MIC.no. Retrieved 31 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Tor Hammerø (8 November 2004). "Atle Nymo Frode Nymo Quartet Featuring Roger Kellaway: Inner Urge" (in Norwegian). Puls.no. Retrieved 31 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Tomas Lauvland Pettersen (13 December 2005). "Urban Connection: UC 3". Listen to Norway Ballade.no. Archived from the original on 16 July 2006. Retrieved 31 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Gorseth, Olav (22 September 2004). "Dødelig presist – Storbandplate produsert lag på lag" (in Norwegian). Bergens Tidende. Retrieved 6 December 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Media related to Frode Nymo at Wikimedia Commons