North Lincolnshire Museum
Frodingham shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|– London||145 mi (233 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Frodingham was a village in North Lincolnshire, now a suburb in the north-east of Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, England. The population is included in the Crosby and Park ward of the North Lincolnshire Unitary Authority.
Before its development from a small village Scunthorpe was part of the civil parish of Frodingham, which also included the village of Brumby, parts of the village of Crosby, and stretched westwards to the parish of Gunness on the River Trent. Scunthorpe's urban growth absorbed all Frodingham parish villages and abutted the now urban areas of Bottesford and Yaddlethorpe to its south.
Frodingham Grade I listed Anglican church is dedicated to St Lawrence. Originating from the 12th century, it was rebuilt in 1841 except for the Early English-style tower. In 1916 Cox recorded a Carolean altar table, dated 1635. It contains memorials to the Healy family who added several windows within the church.
At that time the village of Bromby (Brumby), 1 mile (1.6 km) south from Frodingham, had a Wesleyan chapel, built in 1884. Crosby, 0.5 miles (0.8 km) north, was partly in Frodingham parish and partly in Flixborough. It had a Primitive Methodist chapel, built in 1836, mines worked by the Staveley Coal and Iron Company, and a rabbit warren.
- Appleby, Lincolnshire, a village northeast of Scunthorpe
- Appleby Frodingham F.C., a football club based in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, England
- Appleby Frodingham Railway Preservation Society, based at Scunthorpe in North Lincolnshire
- Frodingham Map — Satellite Images of Frodingham, Maplandia.com.
- "Crosby Local History Pack". North Lincolnshire Council. Archived from the original on 9 January 2009. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- "Frodingham". Genuki.org.uk. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- SE8910: "North Lincolnshire Museum (formerly Scunthorpe)", Geograph, United Kingdom.
- Historic England. "Church of St Lawrence (1083610)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- St Lawrence, Frodingham, Ourchurchweb.org.uk
- Cox, J. Charles (1916) Lincolnshire p. 123; Methuen & Co. Ltd
- Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire with the port of Hull 1885, p. 400
- Media related to Frodingham, Lincolnshire at Wikimedia Commons