Frogmore (Edisto Island, South Carolina)
|Location||8341 Pine Landing Road, Edisto Island, SC 29438|
|Area||43.95 acres (17.79 ha)|
|Architectural style||Greek Revival|
|NRHP reference #||86003203|
|Added to NRHP||May 5, 1987|
Frogmore is a distinctive antebellum sea island cotton plantation. In 1840 Dr. Mitchell operated a large plantation with more than 100 slaves. The house is a rectangular, two-story, hip-roofed residence.
Frogmore was listed in the National Register May 5, 1987.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Harriette Kershaw Leiding (1921). Historic Houses of South Carolina. J.B. Lippincott Company. p. 227.
- "Frogmore" (pdf). South Carolina Inventory Form for Historic Districts and Individual Properties in a Multiple Property Submission. October 7, 1986. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- FreePages: 55th Regiment Pennsylvania Volunteers
- "Frogmore, Charleston County". National Register Properties in South Carolina. South Carolina Department of Archives and History. Retrieved Nov 22, 2012.
|This article about a property in Charleston County, South Carolina on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|