|Origin||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Genres||Punk rock, Pop punk|
Fat Wreck Chords
Chixdiggit is a Canadian pop punk band formed in Calgary, Alberta. The band performed internationally, and released a number of studio albums, mainly with light-hearted pop songs, usually about girls and relationships. Their band name is a play on "Chicks dig it".
In 1990 K.J. Jansen, Mark O'Flaherty and Mike Eggermont started selling T-shirts imprinted with the Chixdiggit logo at their high-school, although at this stage the band did not exist. Sales of the shirts provided the band with enough money to purchase a drum kit. However, none of the band members had any musical experience nor did any of the members own instruments (except O'Flaherty who owned a classical guitar). Eggermont took up playing bass and Jansen took up playing guitar as well as becoming the lead vocalist for the band.
By 1991 the three had formed and band and they started playing a few shows in 1992 while working on their instrumental skills. By 1993 the band was playing regularly in venues around Calgary. In 1995 they performed at a large concert in Seattle, opening for the band 'The Presidents of the United States of America'.
After the release of 2000's From Scene to Shining Scene, the band took a hiatus, from which they returned in 2003, and in 2005 the band started writing and recording its fourth full-length album, Pink Razors. The album was released April 19, 2005 on Fat Wreck Chords in North American and Bad Taste Records in Europe.
Mike Eggermont left the band in 2002 and started a software company. In 2003, drummer Dave Alcock (owner of Sundae Sound recording studio) left the band, and was replaced by the band's original drummer, Jason Hirsch.
In 2011 Chixdiggit released a 6-song EP titled "Safeways here we come" released in North America by Fat Wreck Chords
- KJ Jansen - guitar, vocals
- Mark O'Flaherty - guitar, vocals
- Tyler Pickering - drums
- Billy Dixon - Bass/Guitar, vocals
- Mike Eggermont - bass, vocals (1991–2000)
- Dave Alcock - drums (1997–2003)
- Jason Hirsch- drums (1991-1997, 2003-2007)
- Mike McLeod - bass, vocals
- Kepi Ghoulie - bass, vocals
- Jimmy James - bass, vocals
- BJ Downey - Bass, vocals
Kevin Challacombe - long time touring roadie and sporadic live guitar/bass player. Toured Canada, USA, and Europe 1994-2006
- 1996 - Chixdiggit! (Sub Pop Records)
- 1998 - Born on the First of July (Honest Don's Records)
- 2000 - From Scene to Shining Scene (Honest Don's Records)
- 2005 - Pink Razors (2005)
- 2007 - Chixdiggit! II (2007)
- 1993 - Humped (self-released)
- 1995 - Best Hung Carrot (Lance Rock Records)
- 1996 - Shadowy Bangers from a Shadowy Duplex (Sub Pop Records)
- 1997 - Chupa Cabra (Honest Don's Records)
- "Where's Your Mom?" (1996)
- "Chupacabras" (1998)
- "Spanish Fever" (2000)
- "You're Pretty Good" (2005)
- 1994 - Bloodbath at the Chinese Disco (Porn Star/Sloth Records) With Feist's former punk band "Placebo"
- 1996 - On Guard for Thee: a Collection of Canada's Youth Gone Bad (Au GoGo Records)
- 1996 - Pop Goes the Weasel, Vol. 2 (K.O.G.A. Records)
- 1997 - Honest Don's Welcome Wagon (Honest Don's Records)
- 1997 - Nothing beats a Royal Flush (Roto-Flex Records)
- 1998 - Wankin' in the Pit (CR Records Japan)
- 1998 - Happy Meals II (My Records)
- 1998 - Greatest Shits (Honest Don's Records)
- 1998 - ESPN X Games Pro Boarder (Radical Entertainment/EA Sports)
- 1999 - 70 Minutos: Full Time Hardcore (Tamborette Entertainment)
- 1999 - Short Music for Short People (Fat Wreck Chords)
- 1999 - My So-Called Punk Rock Life (Melted Records)
- 1999 - This is Bad Taste, Vol. 3 (Bad Taste Records)
- 2000 - More RPM's Than Floyd on a Scooter (Fat Wreck Chords)
- 2000 - AMP (Mack Dawg Productions)
- 2000 - Punk Chunks (LameAss Recordz)
- 2001 - 123-Punk (Mutt Records)
- 2002 - Honest Don's Dirty Dishes (Honest Don's Records)
- 2002 - FUBAR: The Album (Phantom Records)
- 2005 - Rock Against Floyd (Fat Wreck Chords)
- 2010 - Harder, Fatter + Louder! (Fat Wreck Chords)
- "Calgary band wins deal with Sub Pop label". Toronto Star - Toronto, Ont. by Lenny Stoute Oct 19, 1995 Page: G.10
- "Chixdiggit Returning". Punknews.org. 2003-10-26. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Chixdiggit recording new album". Punknews.org. 2005-01-03. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Chixdiggit swap drummers". Punknews.org. 2004-01-22. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Records / Chixdiggit! / Chixdiggit! II BTR 116". Bad Taste Records. Archived from the original on 2012-02-05. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Chixdiggit discography". Chixdiggit Official Website. Retrieved 2008-09-27.