From the Entrails to the Dirt
|From the Entrails to the Dirt|
|Compilation album by various bands|
|Label||End All Life Productions|
From the Entrails to the Dirt is a three-part vinyl set compiling songs by Malicious Secrets and three other French black metal acts: Antaeus, Mütiilation and Deathspell Omega. It was originally released by End All Life Productions as a set of three gatefold singles limited to 666 copies, with one Malicious Secrets track and one other band's part on each. The album was later reissued as a digipack CD.
|Spirit of Metal||(19/20)|
Part I – 7" Vinyl (EAL 038)
Part II – 10" Vinyl (EAL 039)
- "Part II: Rejection and Raising Perdition Blaze" – Malicious Secrets
- "My Way" – Mütiilation
- "Tears of a Melancholic Vampire" – Mütiilation
Part III – 12" Vinyl (EAL 040)
- "Part III: Send Me to Hell Day of Wine and Thorns" – Malicious Secrets
- "Mass Grave Aesthetics" – Deathspell Omega
Digipack CD edition (EAL 043)
- "Part I: Interior Crack Psycho Angel Bitch" – Malicious Secrets (6:08)
- "Part II: Rejection and Raising Perdition Blaze" – Malicious Secrets (6:26)
- "Part III: Send Me to Hell Day of Wine and Thorns" – Malicious Secrets (7:32)
- "Gates to the Outside" – Antaeus (3:00)
- "My Way" – Mütiilation (3:44)
- "Tears of a Melancholic Vampire" – Mütiilation (7:20)
- "Mass Grave Aesthetics" – Deathspell Omega (19:43)
Filip Dupont of Archaic Magazine described the music of Malicious Secrets as "pure chaos and junk […], divine for some – rubbish for the most". Nattskog of Spirit of Metal Webzine described the style as "very violent, very strange with completely barbarian vocals above music that isn't less [barbarian]". The Antaeus track "Gates to the Outside" follows the chaotic and brutal style typical for the band. Nattskog described Mütiilation's cover of "My Way" as "in the style expected from Mütiilation: ailing, raw, depressive". Mütiilation's "Tears of a Melancholic Vampire" is a melancholic song, while the final track "Mass Grave Aesthetics" was described by Dupont as "dark, full of atmosphere and unique in its style".
Filip Dupont of Archaic Magazine called From the Entrails to the Dirt "pure cult in the deepest of the underground", considering Deathspell Omega's "Mass Grave Aesthetics" to be the best track and the one "that makes this 'From The Entrails To The Dirt' such a remarkable release". Nattskog of Spirit of Metal Webzine recommends the release to "adepts of a pure and frankly extreme black metal".
- Track number 5 ("My Way") is a cover version of the 1967 pop song popularized by Frank Sinatra and later covered by Sid Vicious, among others.
- Track number 4 ("Gates to the Outside") features lyrics provided by Drakh of Katharsis.