From the Soul of Man
|From the Soul of Man|
|Studio album by Kenny Lattimore|
|Producer||Barry J. Eastmond, Guy Roche, Dre & Vidal, Jeff Townes, Daryl Simmons, Carvin Haggins, Kenny Lattimore, Herb Middleton, Kenny Lerum, Kipper Jones, Walter Afanasieff, David Foster|
|Kenny Lattimore chronology|
|Singles from From The Soul Of Man|
From the Soul of Man is the second album of R&B singer Kenny Lattimore.
|“||...FROM THE SOUL OF MAN is heightened by the strength of Lattimore's impressive voice, which effortlessly transform from a deep, smoky alto into a bright falsetto--always sounding pure and sublime.||”|
|— Vibe Magazine, 10/98, p.178|
Critics uniformly lauded this album as a great leap from his debut on the scene 2 years prior to this largely mature effort. The album opens with the first single "Days Like This," an introspective midtempo R&B track with avant garde electronic inflections. "Days," along with 7 other tracks on the album were co-written by Lattimore.
A highlight is Lattimore's faithful and yet individual cover of Donny Hathaway's "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know," first heard on Hathaway's landmark Extension of a Man album. Lattimore also reimagines The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" as a soulful ballad that closes with a hypnotically layered arrangement of background vocals. "Who knew that 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' could be so sexy?" remarks Michael Gallucci.
The album peaked at #71 on The Billboard 200 album chart. On Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums the set reached #15. The lead single "Days Like This" peaked at #84 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart. Re-released with soulful "nuyorican soul" house mixes by Masters At Work, the track climbed to #26 on the Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart. The second single "If I Lose My Woman" fared better on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart, peaking at #15. 
Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Recurrents airplay chart saw the original release of "Days Like This" shoot to #20 on the charts. The dance remixes of "Days Like This" reached #26 on the Hot Dance Club Play chart.  "If I Lose My Woman" topped the Billboard Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles in early 1999 within 3 weeks of its appearance on the chart. 
- "Days Like This" (5:17)
- "Trial Separation" (4:45)
- "If I Lose My Woman" (5:25)
- "Make Believe" (4:46)
- "Just Can't Get Over You" (5:22)
- "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know" (6:30)
- "Destiny" (4:32)
- "Tomorrow" (5:21)
- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (5:29)
- "Heaven & Earth" (5:48)
- "All My Tomorrows" (4:46)
- "Interlude: Introspective Mood" (0:20)
- "Well Done" (5:35)
- "Love Will Find a Way" (featuring Heather Headley) (4:30) - BONUS TRACK
- "If You Could See You (Through My Eyes)" (4:59) - HIDDEN TRACK
- "Days Like This"
- "If I Lose My Woman"
- "Love Will Find a Way"
- "Kenny Lattimore: From The Soul Of Man". Vibe Magazine. 10/98, p.178
- Sylvia White. "Kenny Lattimore - From The Soul Of Man (Review)". InMusicWeTrust.com.
- From The Soul Of Man (Review) at AllMusic
- Kenny Lattimore Chart History - Albums Billboard.com
- Kenny Lattimore Chart History - Singles Billboard.com
- Kenny Lattimore Airplay Charts - "Days Like This" Billboard.com
- Kenny Lattimore Airplay Charts - "Days Like This (Remix)" Billboard.com
- Kenny Lattimore Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Airplay Charts - "If I Lose My Woman" Billboard.com