Front Page Detective
|Front Page Detective|
|Directed by||Arnold Wester|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||46|
|Executive producer(s)||Jerry Fairbanks
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Jerry Fairbanks Productions|
|Original release||July 6, 1951– November 13, 1953|
Front Page Detective is an American crime drama series which aired on the DuMont Television Network on Fridays at 9:30 p.m. ET from July 6, 1951 to September 19, 1952, and in October and November 1953. The program was then in broadcast syndication for several years thereafter.
Front Page Detective stars Edmund Lowe as David Chase, a newspaper columnist who helps police solve especially difficult mysteries.  The title derived from a popular mystery magazine of the same name.
Unlike many other programs which aired on DuMont, the series was produced on film by an outside production company. A few episodes are available on DVD and online, usually as part of early TV compilations.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1951-52 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
- Front Page Detective at the Internet Movie Database
- List of episodes at CTVA
- DuMont historical website
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|