|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
2.3.24 / April 3, 2015
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X|
|Available in||Multilingual (25)|
FrontAccounting is an open source web-based accounting software for small and medium enterprises, written in PHP, using MySQL. It allows Double-Entry Accounting and is integrated with modules that support most common business processes. FrontAccounting is multiuser, multilingual and multicurrency. It is part of Ubuntu[non-primary source needed] Linux distribution, and a demo is available online.[non-primary source needed] FrontAccounting started as WebERP fork,[user-generated source] and its source code is available on SourceForge for download.[non-primary source needed] In October 2015 it passed the milestone of 200,000 downloads from Sourceforge.[non-primary source needed] In 2013 Frontaccounting appeared on the list of InfoWorld's Bossie Awards - top picks in open source business applications, platforms, and middleware.  A number of language packs are available at SourceForge, some of which require further development.[non-primary source needed]
FrontAccounting is provided with standard modules: Sales, Purchases, Items and Inventory, Manufacturing, Dimensions, Banking and General Ledger, and Setup. Its functionality is appropriate for small and medium companies for managing purchases, control their stock, issue offers, register orders and send invoices. It allows to configure several points of sale. Cash flow can easily be managed. Balance sheet drill-down and a number of ready-to-use reports provide a framework that can be suitable for many businesses. A simple API allows to connect it to other systems, like POS or CRM.[non-primary source needed] The software is considered to be a free alternative to QuickBooks.
FrontAccounting is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.[non-primary source needed]
FrontAccounting Documentation was installed and developed using PmWiki engine.[non-primary source needed] There are direct links from the program to appropriate wiki topics that describe relevant functionality.
Partners are offering FrontAccounting in a Software-as-a-service model for following languages:
One of FrontAccounting partners - AntErp Solutions - released FrontAccounting Mobile Edition. It was released August 13, 2011 and is compatible with FrontAccounting versions 2.3.4, 2.3.5 and 2.3.6.[non-primary source needed]
Database & Web server
- "FrontAccounting-Languages". sourceforge.net.
- "frontaccounting package in Ubuntu". launchpad.net. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "FrontAccounting demo". Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "FrontAccounting forked from WebERP". xtronics.com. Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "FrontAccounting source code". sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "FrontAccounting passed 200,000 downloads". Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- "Bossie Awards 2013: The best open source applications". infoworld.com. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "FrontAccounting language packs". sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "FrontAccounting Modules". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "FrontAccounting API". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "FrontAccounting an alternative to QuickBooks". techrepublic.com. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "FrontAccounting License model". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "FrontAccounting Documentation". Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "FrontAccounting partners". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "Translations". frontaccounting.com. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "FrontAccounting Online". Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Accounting in Poland". Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "FrontAccounting Mobile Edition". Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Sales Ordering using Android + SMS". Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Database & Web servers". Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "download statistics". Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- Official website, Documentation, and the Forum
- DIY: Manage your inventory in FrontAccounting - Step-by-step instructions
- Sourceforge.net Download
- FrontAccounting on the Open Source conference in Greece, 2011: Video, Slideshow (PDF)
- FrontAccounting Connect (FaC): WordPress plugin used to Import active FrontAccounting ERP items into WordPress as individual posts
- FrontAccounting OpenVZ Template
- FrontAccounting Support Partners