Bannu Subdivision

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Frontier Region Bannu)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bannu
بنو
Subdivision
Location of the Frontier Regions in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas
Location of the Frontier Regions in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas
Country  Pakistan
Region  Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Seat Upper Bakakhel
Population (2017)[1]
 • Total 43,114

Bannu Subdivision formerly Frontier Region Bannu is a subdivision in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. The region is named after Bannu District, which lies to the east and also borders Karak District and Lakki Marwat Subdivision to the north, North Waziristan to the west, and South Waziristan to the south.[2] It is administered by the district coordination officer (DCO) of Bannu District.[3]

The total population, according to the 1998 census, was 19,600,[4]:5 98.1% of which have Pashto as a first language, and the remaining 1.9% speak Punjabi.[4]:6 Most of the population belong to the Ahmadzai Wazir tribe of Pashtuns, and the main town is Upper Bakakhel.

Education[edit]

Government Degree College, Kotka Habib Ullah is the only Degree College providing education to this region.[citation needed]

According to the Alif Ailaan Pakistan District Education Rankings 2015, FR Bannu is ranked 67 out of 148 districts in terms of education. For facilities and infrastructure, the district is ranked 75 out of 148.[5]

See also[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ "DISTRICT WISE CENSUS RESULTS CENSUS 2017" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk.
  2. ^ "Historical background and administrative profile of the FR Kohat". FATA Secretariat. Archived from the original on December 3, 2009. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
  3. ^ "Administrative System". FATA Secretariat. Archived from the original on March 30, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
  4. ^ a b 1998 census report of Tribal Area Adjoining Bannu District. Census publication. 150. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2001.
  5. ^ "Individual district profile link, 2015". Alif Ailaan. Retrieved 2015-05-07.

External links[edit]

Coordinates: 32°34′N 70°13′E / 32.56°N 70.22°E / 32.56; 70.22