Frontier Region Bannu
The Frontier Region Bannu (often abbreviated as FR Bannu) is an Important administrative unit in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of Pakistan. The region is named after Bannu District which lies to the east and also borders Karak District and Frontier Region Lakki Marwat to the north, and the North Waziristan Agency to the west, and The South Waziristan Agency To The South. It is administered by the district coordination officer (DCO) of Bannu District. The overall administration of the Frontier Regions is carried out by the FATA Secretariat based in Peshawar, the capital of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province.
The total population as counted in the 1998 census was 19,600,:5 98.1% of which have Pashto as a first language, while the remaining 1.9% are Punjabi speakers.:6 Most of the population belong to the Ahmadzai Wazir tribe of Pashtuns while the chief town is Domel.
Government Degree College, Kotka Habib Ullah is the only Degree College providing education to this region.
According to the Alif Ailaan Pakistan District Education Rankings 2015, FR Bannu is ranked 67 out of 148 districts in terms of education. For facilities and infrastructure, the district is ranked 75 out of 148.
- "Historical background and administrative profile of the FR Kohat". FATA Secretariat. Archived from the original on December 3, 2009. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- "Administrative System". FATA Secretariat. Archived from the original on March 30, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- 1998 census report of Tribal Area Adjoining Bannu District. Census publication. 150. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2001.
- "Individual district profile link, 2015". Alif Ailaan. Retrieved 2015-05-07.
- Constitutional Provisions on the Tribal Areas - Chapter 3, Part XII of the Constitution of Pakistan
- Government of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas
- Pakistani Federal Ministry of States and Frontier Regions
- Federally Administered Tribal Areas travel guide from Wikivoyage