Frontier Region Peshawar
The Frontier Region Peshawar (Pashto: پېښور سرحدي سيمه; often abbreviated as FR Peshawar) is a small administrative unit in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) of Pakistan. The region is named after Peshawar District which lies to the north and west and also borders Nowshera District to the east and the frontier region of Kohat to the south. It is administered by the district coordination officer (DCO) of Peshawar District. The overall administration of the Frontier Regions is carried out by the FATA Secretariat based in Peshawar, the capital of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province.
Geography and climate
The region is hilly, with average heights of over 1,000 m (3,300 ft) above sea level.
- Adam Khel
- Malk Din Khel
- Qamber Khel
- Aqa Khel
- Zakha Khel
- Koki Khel
- Qamer Khel and
- "Historical and administrative profile of the FR peshawar". FATA Secretariat. Archived from the original on August 16, 2009. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- "Administrative System". FATA Secretariat. Archived from the original on March 30, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- 1998 census report of Tribal Area Adjoining Peshawar District. Census publication. 145. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2001.
- Government of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas
- Pakistani Federal Ministry of States and Frontier Regions