||Parts of this article (those related to demographice) need to be updated. (April 2016)|
Location of Fronton, Texas
|• Total||0.4 sq mi (1 km2)|
|• Land||0.4 sq mi (1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||200 ft (61 m)|
|• Density||450/sq mi (170/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1336274|
Fronton is located at(26.425856, -99.076206).
At the 2000 census, there were 599 people, 176 households and 152 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 139.1 per square mile (53.7/km²). There were 218 housing units at an average density of 50.6/sq mi (19.5/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 91.15% White, 7.01% from other races, and 1.84% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 95.99% of the population.
There were 176 households of which 51.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.8% were married couples living together, 19.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 13.1% were non-families. 13.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.40 and the average family size was 3.76.
35.4% of the population were under the age of 18, 11.5% from 18 to 24, 26.0% from 25 to 44, 19.2% from 45 to 64, and 7.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 27 years. For every 100 females there were 92.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.0 males.
The median household income was $15,556 and the median family incomewas $15,556. Males had a median income of $22,396 and females $13,947. The per capita income for the CDP was $6,642. About 47.6% of families and 38.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 24.2% of those under age 18 and 100.0% of those age 65 or over.
Public education in the community of Fronton is provided by the Roma Independent School District. Zoned campuses include Anna S. Canavan Elementary School (pre-kindergarten), Emma Vera Elementary School (grades K-5), Roma Middle School (grades 6-8), and Roma High School  (grades 9-12).
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 Census: Population of Texas Cities Arranged in Alphabetical Order - TSLAC".
- "Population and Housing Unit Counts, 2010 Census of Population and Housing" (PDF). Texas: 2010.
- "Fronton, Texas :: Boundary Map of Fronton, Texas".
- "2009-2010 Roma ISD Elementary Boundaries" (PDF). Roma Independent School District. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 15, 2011. Retrieved October 13, 2009.
- "2009-2010 Roma ISD Middle School Boundaries" (PDF). Roma Independent School District. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 15, 2011. Retrieved October 13, 2009.