Frozenbyte Inc. is a Finnish game-developer founded in 2001 and based in Helsinki, Finland. The company has now grown to a professional team of almost 70 people, with its first commercial game being Shadowgrounds for Microsoft Windows. Both Shadowgrounds and its follow-up Shadowgrounds: Survivor were released for Linux in 2009, ported by IGIOS and published by Linux Game Publishing.
A Humble Indie Bundle sale started on April 12, 2011, and featured five games from Frozenbyte, including Trine, Shadowgrounds, and Shadowgrounds: Survivor, for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It also contained an executable version along with source code for an unfinished game, Jack Claw, and a pre-order for their upcoming game, Splot.
The company tried out the Steam (software) early access system with Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, which was released in August 2015. On December 4, 2015, the company announced Shadwen, a stealth game where time moves only when the player moves.
- Shadowgrounds — (2005)
- Shadowgrounds: Survivor — (2007)
- Trine — (2009)
- Trine 2 — (2011)
- Splot — (2014)
- Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power — (2015)
- Shadwen — (2016)
- Nine Parchments — (2017)
- Plunkett, Luke (2011-04-11). "This Might Be The Best Indie Bargain Of 2011". Kotaku. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- Savage, Phil (April 26, 2015). "Trine 3 is out in Early Access next week". PC Gamer. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- Matulef, Jeffery (December 4, 2015). "Trine developer Frozenbyte reveals time-manipulating stealth game Shadwen". Eurogamer. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- Haveri, Mikael (2012-11-02). "Official website saying game is set for 'early 2014 release'". Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- Matulef, Jeffery (August 15, 2016). "Frozenbyte announces co-op twin-stick wizardry game Nine Parchments". Eurogamer. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Frozenbyte.|
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|