Lambics, beers originating in the Zenne valley in Belgium (in an around Brussels), though copied by brewers in other parts of the world, may be refermented with cherries to make kriek, or fermented with raspberries to make framboise.
All kind of Lambic, top fermentation beers such as Belgian Golden Ales, Belgian Ambers and Flemish old brown beers usually go through a multiple stage fermentation process. After the first fermentation of the wort, sugar is added and the beer is refermented in wooden casks. Fruit beer can be made using pureed, concentrated or whole fruit (instead of sugar) for the first fermentation and refermented, these may be termed fruit lambics or fruit beers, depending on the type of first brew. 
Beer that has fruit syrup or fruit lemonade added as flavoring after the finale stage of fermentation are not fruit beers. They are known as "Radlers" or, in the U.K., "Shandy."
Fruit beer is a non-alcoholic beer manufactured through fermentation of fruits including strawberries, plums, raspberries, and cherries as these fruits possess malt aroma. Reportedly, fruit beer was first produced in Belgium and is now available in many other parts across the globe. Massive reduction in the alcohol beverage consumption is anticipated to create lucrative growth avenues for fruit beer industry over the forecast period. Apart from this, escalating awareness pertaining to health benefits related to fruit beer intake will increase the product penetration globally in the years ahead.
- Garrett Oliver (9 Sep 2011). The Oxford Companion to Beer. Oxford University Press. p. 445. ISBN 9780195367133.
- Garrett Oliver (9 Sep 2011). The Oxford Companion to Beer. Oxford University Press. p. 552.
- Garrett Oliver (9 Sep 2011). The Oxford Companion to Beer. Oxford University Press. p. 373.
- "Fruitbier.be". Archived from the original on 2018-08-03. Retrieved 2019-12-22.
- Research, Zion Market. "Fruit Beer Market - By Flavors (Peach, Raspberry, Cherry, Apricot, Apple, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Store-Based and Non-Store Based), And By Region - Global Industry Perspective, Comprehensive Analysis, and Forecast, 2019 – 2025". www.zionmarketresearch.com. Retrieved 2021-03-15.