fsn (file manager)
Even though it was never developed to a fully functional file manager, it gained some fame after appearing in the movie Jurassic Park in 1993. In a scene in the film, the character Lex Murphy, played by Ariana Richards, finds a computer displaying the interface. She exclaims "It's a UNIX system! I know this!" and proceeds to restart the building's access control system, locking the control room's doors. After the release of the film, some perceived the visualization as an example of media misrepresentation of computers, citing the computer game-like display as being an unrealistic Hollywood mockup.
- "My Workstation OS: Irix". Linux.com. May 20, 2005. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- "8 Embarrassing Hollywood Tech Cliches". Archived from the original on 2009-07-01.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Kranz, Tom (December 2, 2008). "FSN – the IRIX 3D file system tool from Jurassic Park". Archived from the original on February 8, 2014. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- fsn SGI homepage at the Wayback Machine (archived April 9, 2007)
- fsv fsn clone for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|