|Single by Tim Dog|
|from the album Penicillin on Wax|
|Genre||East Coast hip hop|
|Tim Dog singles chronology|
Tim Dog, frustrated at being overlooked because of the popularity of the West Coast at the time and at the apparent lack of interest in East Coast artists from record companies, released the song on his debut album Penicillin on Wax. "Fuck Compton" attacked the city's style of dress and musical output and made threatening gestures to several Compton rappers including Eazy-E, MC Ren, Dr. Dre and singer Michel'le. Tim Dog made clear that he was not including West Coast rapper Ice-T in the diss with the line "I crush Ice Cube, I'm cool with Ice-T/But N.W.A ain't shit to me." The song could also be looked at as the origin of the East Coast-West Coast hip hop rivalry that escalated during the 1990s.
The single, produced by Ced Gee of Ultramagnetic MCs, was released by Ruffhouse Records and became a worldwide underground hit in the clubs and hip hop circles. Two versions of a music video were released, an original version and a censored edit.
- Compton's Most Wanted responded on "Who's Fuccin Who?" and "Another Victim" from the album Music to Driveby.
- DJ Quik responded on "Way 2 Fonky" and "Tha Last Word" from the album Way 2 Fonky. Quik also responded on "P.S. Phuk U 2" with Penthouse Players Clique.
- Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg responded on "Fuck Wit Dre Day" and "The $20 Sack Pyramid" from Dr. Dre's debut The Chronic and "Puffin On Blunts And Dranken Tanqueray", a B side to "Dre Day".
- Rodney O & Joe Cooley responded on "U Don't Hear Me Tho" from their album titled Fuck New York.
- Tweedy Bird Loc and Dangerous Records responded on "Fucc The South Bronx" and "What's Really Goin' On" on his debut album 187 Ride By.
- E.L. Me & The Street Products responded on the tracks "E.L. Me & The Street Products" and "Outshout" from their debut album "16 Lessons From The Streets".
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliate Shabazz the Disciple referenced "Fuck Compton" in a more positive light in his 2003 song "Red Hook Day" - "And fuck a fair one, you got your head snuffed and stomped in/back when that nigga Tim Dog made 'Fuck Compton'"