Fugit Township, Decatur County, Indiana
Location of Fugit Township in Decatur County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||43.02 sq mi (111.4 km2)|
|• Land||42.66 sq mi (110.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.36 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||1,070 ft (326 m)|
|• Density||41.4/sq mi (16.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453320|
Fugit Township was organized in 1822.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 43.02 square miles (111.4 km2), of which 42.66 square miles (110.5 km2) (or 99.16%) is land and 0.36 square miles (0.93 km2) (or 0.84%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Richland Township, Rush County (north)
- Posey Township, Franklin County (northeast)
- Salt Creek Township, Franklin County (east)
- Ray Township, Franklin County (southeast)
- Salt Creek Township (south)
- Washington Township (southwest)
- Clinton Township (west)
- Anderson Township, Rush County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Memorial and Mount Carmel.
- "Fugit Township, Decatur County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Harding, Lewis Albert (1915). History of Decatur County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 95.