This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 35 mm Fujifilm X-mount
The Fujifilm X-mount is a type of interchangeable lens mount designed by Fujifilm for use in those cameras in their X-series line that have interchangeable-lenses. These lenses are designed for 23.6mm x 15.6mm APS-C sensors.
Various lens manufacturers use this mount, such as Fujinon (Fujifilm, XF and XC lenses), Carl Zeiss AG (Touit lenses), Samyang Optics, Handevision, SLR Magic, Viltrox and Zhongyi Optics. There also is an adaptor to allow compatibility with Leica M lenses and third-party options have also been announced. Additionally, a host of adapters for a range of SLR lenses are available, allowing the mounting of lenses (without autofocus or auto aperture) from Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Contax/Yashica, Konica and more. This mount type should not be confused with the discontinued Fujica X-mount, which is not compatible with the newer X-mount without an adapter.
"By mounting the lens deeper inside the camera, closer to the sensor, resolution is increased across the frame. Information exchange between the body and lens ensure a responsive experience at all times."
- 1 Fujifilm X-Mount cameras
- 2 Fujinon XF and XC lenses
- 3 Carl Zeiss lenses
- 4 Samyang lenses
- 5 Handevision lens
- 6 SLR Magic lenses
- 7 Viltrox lens
- 8 Zhongyi Optics (Shenyang Zhongyi Optics) lenses
- 9 Lensbaby lenses
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Fujifilm X-Mount cameras
Fujifilm has released the following cameras that use the X-mount:
Fujinon XF and XC lenses
The following lenses are natively operational on the Fujifilm X-mount cameras. Fujifilm's 'XF' and 'XC' lenses bear Fujifilm's moniker "Fujinon" which is used for optics within the company.
Compact / standard prime lenses
- Fujinon XF 14mm F/2.8 R: This ultra-wide angle lens has a focus-clutch mechanism for switching to manual focus. The lens was announced in September, 2012.
- Fujinon XF 18mm F/2.0 R: A wide-angle pancake style lens and one of the original three lenses for the X system.
- Fujinon XF 27mm F/2.8: This is a wide standard lens with a very slim pancake design. This lens does not have an aperture ring like most lenses in the Fujinon lineup. The lens was officially announced on June 24, 2013.
- Fujinon XF 60mm F/2.4 R Macro: Short telephoto lens suitable for portraiture. Focuses close to allow 1:2 magnification macro shooting. One of the original three lenses for the X system.
- Fujinon XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro: A telephoto 1:1 Macro lens. First prime lens in the XF line to use OIS. Officially announced on September 7, 2017.
Fast prime lenses
- Fujinon XF 16mm F/1.4 R WR: Fast aperture, wide angle lens with a weather-resistant structure. Announced April 2015.
- Fujinon XF 23mm F/1.4 R: This is a fast moderate wide angle lens, equivalent to a 35 mm lens in field of view on a full-frame camera.
- Fujinon XF 23mm F/2 R WR: This is a fast moderate wide angle lens, equivalent to a 35 mm lens in field of view on a full-frame camera. Compared to original 23mm F/1.4 features improved autofocus speeds and weather resistance.
- Fujinon XF 35mm F/1.4 R: A fast normal prime lens. One of the original three lenses for the X system.
- Fujinon XF 35mm F/2 R WR: A fast normal prime lens. Compared to original 35mm f/1.4 features improved autofocus speeds and weather resistance.
- Fujinon XF 50mm F/2 R WR: A fast mid-telephoto lens suitable for portraiture. Part of Fujifilm's lineup of compact and lightweight lenses which include the XF 23mmF2 and XF 35mmF2.
- Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2 R: This is a standard portrait length lens, with a field of view similar to an 85 mm lens on a full frame camera with an f/1.2 aperture. Officially announced on January 6, 2014.
- Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2 R APD: Similar to the earlier 56 mm f/1.2 R, but adds an apodizing filter to optimize bokeh for portrait shooting. Officially announced on September 10, 2014.
- Fujinon XF 90mm F/2 R LM WR: A longer focal length portrait lens. The first lens to use Quad Linear Motor autofocus, plus the lens is also weather-resistant. Officially announced on May 18, 2015.
- Fujinon XF 200mm F/2 R LM OIS WR
XF zoom lenses
- Fujinon XF 10-24mm F/4 R OIS: An ultra-wide angle zoom lens with image stabilization. Officially announced on December 18, 2013.
- Fujinon XF 18-55mm F/2.8-4 R LM OIS: The first zoom lens for the X-mount, this lens has a wide angle to short telephoto zoom range, with a fast maximum aperture and optical image stabilization.
- Fujinon XF 18-135mm F/3.5–5.6 R LM OIS WR: A weather-resistant, image-stabilized superzoom, covering focal lengths equivalent to 27–202.5 mm on full-frame. Officially announced on June 16, 2014.
- Fujinon XF 55-200mm F/3.5-4.8 R LM OIS: A telephoto zoom lens with fast maximum aperture. Officially announced on April 17, 2013.
XF "Red Badge" high-end zoom lenses
- Fujinon XF 8-16mm F/2.8 R LM WR: released in November 2018.
- Fujinon XF 16-55mm F/2.8 R LM WR: An enthusiast-level standard zoom, covering focal lengths equivalent to 24–82.5 mm on full-frame, with weather-resistant construction. Officially announced on January 6, 2015 during CES 2015.
- Fujinon XF 50-140mm F/2.8 R LM OIS WR: A weather-resistant telephoto zoom with image stabilization, covering focal lengths equivalent to 75–210 mm on full-frame. Officially announced on September 10, 2014.
- Fujinon XF 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR: A weather-resistant telephoto zoom with image stabilization, covering focal lengths equivalent to 150–600 mm on full-frame.
XC zoom lenses
These are entry level zoom lenses that contain the same glass elements as the standard XF zoom lenses, but with small maximum aperture and plastic bodies
- Fujinon XC 16-50mm F/3.5-5.6 OIS: This lens is a consumer-grade standard zoom, covering super wide to short telephoto, equivalent to 24–76 mm on a full frame camera. The lens is the 'kit' lens for the X-M1 camera, and has a lower end build quality than the other Fujinon lenses, while maintaining good optical quality. This lens is the first lens in the new 'XC' line and does not have an aperture ring. Officially announced on June 24, 2013.
- Fujinon XC 16-50mm F/3.5-5.6 OIS II: Has a shorter 15 cm macro focusing distance than the original XC 16-50mm zoom's 30 cm. Delivered in 2015.
- Fujinon XC 50-230mm F/4.5-6.7 OIS: This is a consumer-grade telephoto zoom with optical stabilization and a relatively slow aperture.
- Fujinon XC 50-230mm F/4.5-6.7 OIS II: Improved optical stabilization.
Announced Fujinon XF lenses
The following lenses have been announced and appear on the Fujifilm X Mount Lens Roadmap (updated July 2018)
- Fujinon XF 16mm F2.8 R WR (2019)
- Fujinon XF 16-80mm F4 R OIS WR (2019)
- Fujinon XF 33mm F1 R WR (2020)
|Make||Model||Min focal length (mm)||Max focal length (mm)||Max aperture||Min aperture||Aperture ring (R)||Linear motor (LM)||Optical image stabilization (OIS)||Weather resistant (WR)||Filter thread (mm)||Weight (g)||Date introduced||Made in||Note|
|Fujinon||XF||8||16||2.8||22||R||LM||-||WR||-||805||2018-11-??||Japan||An ultra-wide angle zoom lens equivalent to 12-24mm in the 35mm format.
The lens is usable at low temperatures down to -10 degrees Celsius.
|Fujinon||XF||10||24||4.0||22||R||-||OIS||-||72||410||2013-12-18||Japan||A stabilized ultra-wide angle zoom lens.|
|Fujinon||XF||14||-||2.8||22||R||-||-||-||58||235||2012-09-06||Japan||An ultra-wide angle lens with a focus-clutch mechanism for switching to manual focus.|
|Fujinon||XC||16||50||3.5-5.6||22||-||-||OIS||-||58||195||2013-06-24||China||Wide angle to short telephoto zoom lens with image stabilization. Originally sold bundled with the X-A1, X-M1.|
|Fujinon||XC||16||50||3.5-5.6||22||-||-||OIS||-||58||195||2015-01-15||China||Update of original 16-50mm that reduced minimum focus distance to 15 cm. Sold bundled with the X-A2, X-A3 and optionally with the X-T10.|
|Fujinon||XF||16||55||2.8||22||R||LM||-||WR||77||655||2015-01-06||Japan||An enthusiast-level standard zoom.|
|Fujinon||XF||18||-||2.0||22||R||-||-||-||52||116||2012-01-09||Japan||A wide-angle pancake style lens and one of the original three lenses for the X system.|
|Fujinon||XF||18||55||2.8-4||22||R||LM||OIS||-||58||310||2012-09-06||Japan or China||The first zoom lens for the X-mount, this lens has a wide angle to short telephoto with optical image stabilization. It is available in a bundle with the Fujifilm X-E1 camera,|
|Fujinon||XF||18||135||3.5-5.6||22||R||LM||OIS||WR||67||490||2014-06-16||China||A stabilized, weather-resistant superzoom, covering wide-angle to medium telephoto.|
|Fujinon||XF||23||-||1.4||16||R||-||-||-||62||300||2013-09-05||Japan||Moderate wide-angle prime, with the field of view of a 35 mm lens on a 'full frame' camera.|
|Fujinon||XF||23||-||2.0||16||R||-||-||WR||43||180||2016-08-25||Japan||A moderate wide-angle, weather resistant prime lens, with a field of view equivalent to approx. 35 mm on a "full-frame" camera.|
|Fujinon||XF||27||-||2.8||16||-||-||-||-||39||78||2013-06-24||China||This is a wide standard lens with a very slim pancake design. This lens does not have an aperture ring like most lenses in the Fujinon lineup.|
|Fujinon||XF||35||-||1.4||16||R||-||-||-||52||187||2012-01-09||Japan||Normal prime lens. One of the original three lenses for the X system.|
|Fujinon||XF||35||-||2.0||16||R||-||-||WR||43||170||2015-11-01||Japan||A normal prime lens.|
|Fujinon||XF||50||-||2.0||16||R||LM||-||WR||46||200||2017-02-23||Japan||A normal prime lens though mid-telephoto due to its 76mm 35mm equivalence. Useful as a portrait lens.|
|Fujinon||XF||50||140||2.8||22||R||LM||OIS||WR||72||995||2014-09-10||Japan||A stabilized, weather-resistant telephoto zoom.|
|Fujinon||XC||50||230||4.5-6.7||22||-||-||OIS||-||58||375||2013-09-17||China||A telephoto zoom lens.|
|Fujinon||XF||55||200||3.5-4.8||22||R||LM||OIS||-||62||580||2013-04-17||Japan||A telephoto zoom lens.|
|Fujinon||XF||56||-||1.2||16||R||-||-||-||62||405||2014-01-06||Japan||Short telephoto lens designed primarily for portraiture.|
|Fujinon||XF||56||-||1.2||16||R||-||-||-||62||405||2014-09-10||Japan||Same as the earlier 56 mm f/1.2, but adds an apodizing filter to optimize bokeh. Designated as "APD" in the model name.|
|Fujinon||XF||60||-||2.4||22||R||-||-||-||39||215||2012-01-09||Japan||Short telephoto lens suitable for portraiture. Focuses close to allow 1:2 magnification macro shooting. One of the original three lenses for the X system.|
|Fujinon||XF||80||-||2.8||22||R||LM||OIS||WR||62||750||2017-10-??||Japan||A telephoto 1:1 Macro lens with a focal length equivalent to 122mm on a 'full frame' camera.|
|Fujinon||XF||90||-||2.0||16||R||LM||-||WR||62||540||2015-05-18||Japan||Prime lens with a focal length equivalent to 137 mm (35 mm format equivalent) and a maximum aperture of f/2.|
|Fujinon||XF||100||400||4.5-5.6||22||R||LM||OIS||WR||77||1375||2016-01-15||Japan||A super telephoto zoom lens|
|Fujinon||XF||200||-||2.0||22||R||LM||OIS||WR||105||2,265||2018-10-??||Japan||Professional prime lens with a focal length equivalent to 305 mm (35 mm format equivalent).
Packaged as a kit with the high-performance XF1.4X TC F2 WR teleconverter (when combined with the XF200 mm F2 R LM OIS WR, the teleconverter provides the focal length equivalent to 427mm, in the 35mm film format, at F2.8).
The lens offers 5.0-stop image stabilization performance in accordance with CIPA. The lens recognizes shooting conditions, e.g. panning or on tripod, and automatically applies optimum image stabilization control.
Arca-Swiss compatible tripod mount.
Short back focusing distance
By reducing the distance between the rear lens element and the sensor, a more compact construction is possible.
- XF18mm / Back focus distance: 11.0 mm
- XF35mm / Back focus distance: 21.9 mm
- XF60mm / Back focus distance: 21.0 mm
Carl Zeiss lenses
This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 'Touit' line from Carl Zeiss AG. Designed by Zeiss, Made in Japan by Cosina. These lenses nominated on Fujifilm X-mount lenses roadmap. Fujifilm is because it does not publish the specifications of the X-mount, officially a non-Carl Zeiss that received the license, the manufacturer of the lens is a non-certified.
- Carl Zeiss Touit Distagon T* 12 mm f/2.8: Ultra wide angle lens.
- Carl Zeiss Touit Planar T* 32 mm f/1.8: Normal lens.
- Carl Zeiss Touit Makro-Planar T* 50 mm f/2.8: Macro lens, officially announced on January 30, 2014.
Lenses are sold under the interchangeable Samyang, Rokinon, and Bower brand names.
- 8 mm F/2.8 UMC Fisheye
- 8 mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye II (black and silver versions)
- 8 mm T3.1 UMC Cine Fisheye II
- 10 mm F2.8 ED AS NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle
- 12 mm F2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle (black and silver versions)
- 12 mm T2.2 VDSLR NCS CS (cine version of the above 12 mm f/2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle)
- 14 mm F2.8 FE14M-FX Ultra Wide Lens
- 16 mm T/2.0 Aspherical Wide Angle
- 20 mm F1.8 ED AS UMC
- 35 mm F1.2 ED AS UMC CS
- 50 mm T1.5 AS UMC VDSLR Cine
- 85 mm F/1.4 AS IF UMC
- 100 mm F/2.8 1:1 Macro IF HR ED UMC
- 300 mm F/6.3 ED UMC CS Reflex Mirror
- HVIB4085FX IBELUX 40 mm F/0.85 High-Speed
SLR Magic lenses
- SLR Magic 35 mm T1.4 Cine Mark II Lens
- SLR Magic 23 mm F/1.7 Hyperprime Lens
- SLR Magic 35 mm T0.95 Hyperprime Cine II Lens
- SLR Magic 50 mm F/0.95 Hyperprime Lens
- PFU RBMH 85 mm F/1.8 STM
Zhongyi Optics (Shenyang Zhongyi Optics) lenses
Zhongyi Optics lenses are sold under the "Mitakon" brand
Lensbaby manufacturers award-winning DSLR and mirrorless creative effect camera lenses.
- Velvet 56 f/1.6 macro 1:2
Sharp yet dreamy (soft and velvety) central area of focus with delicate glow from edge-to-edge at wide apertures. Sharp (bypassing glow), vintage look -with a subtle fall-off on the edges- at darker apertures.
- Velvet 85 f/1.8 macro 1:2
Velvety glow at bright apertures, straight out of camera. Use darker apertures to bypass glow and make images with a crisp, film-like aesthetic. Combines lustrous skin tones with the added compression and buttery smooth bokeh found in the best 85mm portrait lenses.
- Burnside 35 f/2.8
Swirling bokeh and vignette.
- Composer Pro II with Edge 50 f/3.2
Slice of tack-sharp detail -through objects in both the foreground and background– surrounded by smooth blur. Swivels & tilts.
- Composer Pro II with Sweet 35 f/2.5
- Composer Pro II with Sweet 50 f/2.5
- Composer Pro II with Sweet 80 f/2.8
Combine fine-tuned focus (spot of focus) and gradually increasing dreamy blur. Place the sweet spot right where you want it. Swivels & tilts 12 diaphragm blades make for a perfectly smooth transition from sharp to soft
- Trio 28 with Filter Kit (28mm f/3.5)
Ultra-compact 28mm, fixed f/3.5 Trio 28, with three selective focus effects that you quickly and seamlessly switch between using a dial on the front of the lens: The 8-Point Star filter creates 8-pointed star flare wherever bright points of light are in focus. The 3-Stop Neutral Density filter gives you more flexibility for shooting in bright lighting conditions or to slow down your aperture for long exposures with Lensbaby flare. The Circular Polarizer reduces unwanted reflections and glare while increasing saturation in the sky and helping to make colors pop.
- Circular Fisheye 12mm f/4
185-degree field of view, shaping TWISTED images with polished focus as close as ¼-inch from the front.
- Creative Bokeh Optic 50mm f/2.5 Shaped bokeh spot of focus
9 shaped magnetic drop-in disks. Your bokeh takes on the shape of the disk.
In all Lensbaby lenses with X-Mount, camera will work in Aperture Priority Mode or Manual Mode and in-camera light meter will work.
All fujifilm X-mount cameras has a shutter lock that will need to turn off.
See Lensbaby lenses camera compatibility chart
- "Leica M Adapter for Fujifilm X-Pro 1". Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "Fujifilm M Mount Adapter". Fujifilm. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- Admin, LR. "Third party Leica M-mount lens adapter for Fuji X-Pro1 to start shipping this month". Leica News & Rumors. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Using old X-Fujinon lenses on new Fuji X-mount?: Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review". www.dpreview.com. Retrieved 2018-01-16.
- "Fujifilm X-Pro1 product page". Archived from the original on 2012-04-09. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "Official Fujinon XF14mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF18mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF27mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF60mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "FUJINON LENS XF80mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro". Fujifilm Global. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Fujifilm's XF 80mm f/2.8 Macro is the First 1:1 Reproduction X Series Lens". PetaPixel. 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Official Fujinon XF16mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF23mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Fujinon XF23mmF2 R WR". www.fujifilmusa.com. Retrieved 2017-06-04.
- "Official Fujinon XF35mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Fujinon XF35mmF2 R WR". www.fujifilmusa.com. Retrieved 2016-02-28.
- "FUJINON LENS XF50mmF2 R WR". Fujifilm Global. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "Official Fujinon XF56mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF56mm APD product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF90mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF200mm product page". Fujifilm.
- "Official Fujinon XF10-24mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF18-55mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF18-135mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF55-200 product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF 8-16mm product page".
- "Official Fujinon XF16-55mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XF50-140mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XC16-50mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XC16-50mm II product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Official Fujinon XC50-230mm product page". Fujifilm. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- メーカー直撃インタビュー：伊達淳一の技術のフカボリ！ Carl Zeiss Milvusシリーズ ツァイスとコシナによる共同開発はどのように進められたか?
- ミラーレスと呼ばないで欲しい――「FUJIFILM X-Pro1」とは何か
- "Zeiss Touit 2.8/12". Carl Zeiss, AG. Archived from the original on 3 May 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Zhongyi Optics release sample photos & video for the new Mitakon 42.5mm F/1.2 & 24mm F/1.7 - Mitakon - ZY Optics (Shenyang Zhongyi Optics)". ZY Optics. 2014-10-22. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fujinon X mount lenses.|