20 November 2009
|Traded as||TYO: 5803|
Nikkei 225 Component
|Industry||Electrical equipment / Defense / Telecommunications|
|Founded||Tokyo, Japan (March 1910 )|
|Headquarters||1-5-1, Kiba, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8512, Japan|
|Yoichi Nagahama, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||JPY 740 billion (FY 2017) (US$ 6.81 billion) (FY 2017)|
|JPY 3.3 billion (FY 2013) (US$ 32 million) (FY 2013)|
Number of employees
|58,422 (consolidated) (as of 2018)|
|Footnotes / references|
Fujikura Ltd. (株式会社フジクラ Fujikura Kabushiki-gaisha) is a global, Tokyo-based electrical equipment manufacturing company, developing and manufacturing power and telecommunication systems products, including devices for optical fibers, such as cutters and splicers.
Fujikura was founded by Zenpachi Fujikura when he began manufacturing silk and cotton insulated winding wires in 1885. In 1910 Fujikura Electric Wire Corporation was established with Tomekichi Fujikura, Zenpachi's younger brother, acting as the company's representative. Over the years the company expanded both in Japan and overseas and as of 2013 the company had subsidiaries across Europe, Asia, North and South America and North Africa.
Major affiliates include Fujikura Rubber Ltd. and Fujikura Parachute (the latter is also known as Fujikura Aviation Equipment Corporation).
Business segments and products
- Power and telecommunication systems segment
- Electronics segment
- Automotive segment
- Wire harnesses and other electrical components for automobiles
- Real estate segment
- Defense segment
- Provision of products and services in this segment is primarily dealt with by Fujikura Parachute and Fujikura Rubber Ltd. This includes but is not limited to survival equipment, emergency life-saving devices such as life vests & inflatable life rafts, parachutes for emergency (e.g. bailing out of a stricken aircraft via Ejection seat or other means, insertion into remote/cut off areas by emergency personnel such as smokejumpers), airborne and sporting (including Paragliding) usage, and aircraft braking systems (e.g. for the Japan Air Self-Defense Force's F-2 fighter).
Representative offices and production departments
The total number of employees worldwide is 52,409, as of mid-2013.
Together with representative offices (English: Consolidated Companies) Fujikura has:
- Head Office and 21 production and representative offices in Japan;
- 13 manufacturing and representative offices in Asia;
- 30 manufacturing and representative offices in America;
- 13 manufacturing and representative offices in China;
- 21 manufacturing and representative offices in Europe and North Africa.
- "Corporate Profile". Archived from the original on May 2, 2014. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Fujikura History". Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Global Network" (PDF). Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Fujikura received an order of special large core fibers for the Subaru Telescope". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Major Products". Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- Відкриття заводу Fujikura у Львові має стати потужним сигналом для інвесторів – Порошенко 14 Квітня 2016
- "Fujikura Global | Company Information". www.fujikura.com. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- Official website (in English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|