Fukui Station (Fukui)
JR Fukui Station building
|Location||1-1-1 Chūō, Fukui, Fukui
Fukui Station is served by the following railway companies and lines:
- JR West
- Echizen Railway
Fukui-eki Station (福井駅電停 Fukui-eki dentei?), in front of the JR station, is served by:
The JR West station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
The JR West station consists of two island platforms and five tracks located in the above-ground portion of Fukui Station.
|1||■ Hokuriku Main Line||Limited Express Raichō, Thunderbird for Kanazawa, Toyama, and Wakuraonsen|
|■ Hokuriku Main Line||Limited Express Shirasagi for Awaraonsen, Kanazawa, Toyama, and Wakuraonsen|
|■ Hokuriku Main Line||Sleeper Limited Express Nihonkai|
|■ Hokuriku Main Line||Local trains for Awaraonsen, Kanazawa, and Toyama|
|2||■ Etsumi-Hoku Line||for Echizen-Ōno and Kuzuryūko|
|3||■ Hokuriku Main Line||for Awaraonsen, Kanazawa, and Toyama (Local services)|
|4||■ Hokuriku Main Line||for Takefu and Tsuruga (Special Rapid services)|
|5||■ Hokuriku Main Line||Limited Express Raichō, Thunderbird for Osaka|
|■ Hokuriku Main Line||Limited Express Shirasagi for Maibara and Nagoya|
|■ Hokuriku Main Line||Sleeper Limited Express Nihonkai for Osaka|
The Echizen Railway has two tracks serving one temporary island platform located atop the future Shinkansen viaduct until construction of its own permanent elevated station is completed.
|1||■ Mikuni Awara Line||for Nishi-Nagata and Mikuni-Minato|
|2||■ Katsuyama Eiheiji Line||for Eiheijiguchi and Katsuyama|
|Hokuriku Main Line|
|Echizen Railway Mikuni-Awara Line|
|Echizen Railway Katsuyama-Eiheiji Line|
|Fukui Railway Fukubu Line (Fukui-eki Station)|
JR Fukui Station
What is now the JR West station opened on 15 July 1896.
On 18 April 2005 a new station building and "Prism Fukui" shopping mall opened.
Echizen Railway Fukui Station
- 21 September 1929: Kyoto Dentō Echizen Electric Railway Line Fukui Station opens.
- 2 March 1942: Station becomes part of the Keifuku Electric Railroad Company; line renamed Echizen Main Line.
- 2 February 2003: Station becomes part of the Echizen Railway Company.
- 20 July 2003: Train service restored.
Fukui Railway Fukui-eki Station
Fukui-Ekimae Station on the Fukui Railway Fukubu Line was originally located approximately 150 meters to the west of the JR station. On 27 March 2016 the station was relocated as Fukui-eki Station to the square in front of the west building of the JR station.
- Former site of Fukui Castle, now home to the Fukui Prefectural Government Building and Fukui Prefectural Police Department Headquarters
- Fukui City Hall
- NHK Fukui Broadcasting Station
- Fukui Broadcasting Hall
- Fukui International Activities Plaza
- Fukui District Court
- Fukui District Prosecutor's Office
- Fukui Tax Office
- Fukui Chamber of Commerce
- Asuwayama Park
- Echizen Railway Fukui Station
- AOSSA building, home to the Fukui Prefectural Civic Hall and Fukui Municipal Sakuragi Library
- Wel City Fukui (Fukui Employee's Pension Hall)
- Fukui Prefectural Koshi High School
- Fukui Municipal Baseball Stadium
- Fukui Local Meteorological Observatory
- "Hokuriku Shinkansen route" (in Japanese). Fukui Prefecture. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 134. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- Fukui Railway (March 3, 2016). "平成28年3月27日（日） 福鉄電車ダイヤ改正（時刻表掲載）" [March 27, 2016 Fukutetsu Train Timetable Revision (Timetable posted)] (in Japanese). Retrieved April 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fukui Station (Fukui).|