|Industry||IT Services, Business Consulting|
|Headquarters||New Jersey, United States|
Number of locations
|Mumbai, Pune, New Jersey, Reading, UK|
|Rajesh Sinha (CEO), S. Mukundhan (CFO), Dhana Kumaraswamy (COO) & Bhimesh Karadi (VP, Chief Quality Officer)|
|Products||Liferay Assets, iContesto, Kaleidoscope, Flyway and EdEdge|
|Services||Business Consulting, Portal, Content & Collaboration, Managed Services & Other Services|
Number of employees
Fulcrum Worldwide is a New Jersey based management consulting and Information and communications technology services company with offices in Reading, UK, Mumbai and Pune, India. Fulcrum provides website architecture service, Framework based solutions, Middleware integration, Cloud services, Mobile, User interface, Real-time business intelligence, Enterprise content management, and CRM among others. As of November 2013, the company has about 1000 workers and 150 clients across US, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. On August 12, 2013, Fulcrum’s Indian unit in Pune moved to a 2000-seater knowledge campus at the Special economic zone in Hinjawadi.
Formation and Early Years
Fulcrum was incorporated on January 25, 1999 and started its operations from Fanwood, New Jersey, US. The enterprise started with a handful of workers and generated $1 Million in annual revenue by the year 2000 with 15 employees. Bhimesh Karadi and Dhana Kumaraswamy were among the first few employees, who continue to be with Fulcrum since its founding days.
Emergence of Fulcrum Worldwide
Fulcrum entered into UK market by establishing an office in Ireland in 2005. In the same year, it started at Los Angeles and incubated a global delivery model for the rest of the world markets. A year later, the company set up a "Development Center" in Reading, UK. Fulcrum graduated into a Capability Maturity Model Integration Level 3 Company in the year 2007 and established a new Development Center in Mumbai for .NET Framework project developments.
Fulcrum created a Product Engineering Group and launched Enterprise Product Framework for different verticals. It ventured into designing industry-specific products for solving business-critical problems. The company also launched cloud-based products for Higher Education, Insurance and Healthcare sectors.
Fulcrum is headquartered in New Jersey, US. Its European HQ and nearshore development center is in Reading, UK. The team in UK takes care of project deliverables in and around UK with a focus on Higher Education and Healthcare sectors. In APAC, Fulcrum has its headquarters in Mumbai. A recent addition to Fulcrum’s global delivery centers is the 2000-seater knowledge campus in Pune’s IT hub. About 1,000 workers are spread across the global centers serving over 100 clients worldwide.
Fulcrum offers services under different business units such as business consulting services, technology services and managed services. The company renders IT services to verticals such as: higher education, healthcare, insurance, media, retail, and manufacturing. On the Technology front, Fulcrum offers services on Liferay open source portal, SharePoint and IBM suite of products. It started working on open source offerings after graduating into Liferay’s certified Silver Partner. Custom Application Development, Collaboration & workflow implementation, and Business Intelligence Implementation come under the ambit of Fulcrum’s Liferay practice.
Awards and recognition
In 2012, Fulcrum Worldwide was rated among the Top 20 Best IT Employers in India by IDC Data Quest. Fulcrum is at number 406 in the ranking of fastest growing technology companies in Asia Pacific. In 2015, Ernst & Young announced that Rajesh Sinha, founder and CEO of Fulcrum Worldwide, is a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2015.
Fulcrum works for Brain Injured Children in close coordination with IAHP. Employees conducted a cleanliness drive in Hinjawadi Phase 3, along with its CEO, and other staff members. They cleaned the entire campus and adjoining roads while collecting leftover papers, bottles, plastic bags, and disposed them off properly.
- "Acquisitions". CrunchBase Inc. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Fulcrum Worldwide Acquires Redstage – A Leading eCommerce Solution Provider". Redstage Networks LLC. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Fulcrum Worldwide Acquires Redstage – a Leading eCommerce Solution Provider". PR.com. 8 April 2016. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Fulcrum setting up new centre in Pune". The Hindu Business Line. December 21, 2012. Retrieved December 21, 2012.
- "IT player Fulcrum Worldwide to invest $30 mn for India expansion". Business Standard. November 18, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "Fulcrum Expands Its Liferay Practice". EFY Times. January 18, 2011. Retrieved January 18, 2011.
- "DQ-CMR Best Employer Survey 2012". Cyber Media (India) Ltd. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Deloitte 2014 Technology Fast 500 - Annual ranking of the fastest growing technology companies in Asia Pacific" (PDF). Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. December 11, 2014.
- "EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2015 Award finalists announced". Ernst & Young Global Limited. July 16, 2015. Archived from the original on July 16, 2015.
- "Indian American Entrepreneurs Take Home Regional Awards". India West. July 16, 2015.
- "IAHP & Fulcrum's workshop dedicated to 'Brain Injured Children' in India". The NavHind Times. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "IT engineers took a broom in their hands". Lokmat. December 12, 2014. Retrieved December 29, 2014.