|Administrative atoll||Baa Atoll|
|Distance to Malé||101.21 km (62.89 mi)|
|• Total||0.315 km2 (0.122 sq mi)|
|• Length||1.920 km (1.193 mi)|
|• Width||0.250 km (0.155 mi)|
|• Total||187 (including foreigners)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:00 (MST)|
This island lies in a small separate atoll along with Goidhu and Fehendhu, as well as four smaller uninhabited islets. Goidhoo Atoll (also Goidu or Goifulhafehendhu), Horsburgh Atoll in the Admiralty Chart, is separated from South Maalhosmadulhu by a 6 nmi (11 km) broad channel. This atoll is oval in shape and small, its greatest length being 16 km (10 mi). The total area of the atoll (including lagoon and reef flat) is 105 km2 (26,000 acres), of which only 1.7 km2 (420 acres) is dry land. The inner lagoon has a depth of 17 to 20 fathoms (31 to 37 m); it has a sandy bottom mixed with mud and clay. Unlike the lagoons of most small atolls of the Maldives, this lagoon is free from coral heads in its centre.
In the Admiralty Charts, this atoll is named after James Horsburgh, hydrographer to the East India Company and author of the "Directions for Sailing to and from the East Indies, China, New Holland, Cape of Good Hope, and the interjacent Ports, compiled chiefly from original Journals and Observations made during 21 years' experience in navigating those Seas".
|2006-2014: Census populations|
- "Table PP5: Resident Population by sex, nationality and locality (administrative islands), 2014" (PDF). Population and Households Census 2014. National Bureau of Statistics. p. 34. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Coordinate Distance Calculator". Boulter.com. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- ftp://rock.geosociety.org/pub/reposit/2001/2001075.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Table 3.3: Total Maldivian Population by Islands" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- Divehiraajjege Jōgrafīge Vanavaru. Muhammadu Ibrahim Lutfee. G.Sōsanī.
- Xavier Romero-Frias, The Maldive Islanders, A Study of the Popular Culture of an Ancient Ocean Kingdom. Barcelona 1999.