Fulidhoo (Vaavu Atoll)
|Geographic atoll||Vaavu Atoll|
|Administrative atoll||Vaavu Atoll|
|Distance to Malé||55.7 km (34.6 mi)|
|• Length||0.675 km (0.419 mi)|
|• Width||0.200 km (0.124 mi)|
|• Total||372 (including foreigners)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:00 (MST)|
Fulidhoo (Dhivehi:ފުލިދޫ) is the most northern of the inhabited islands of Vaavu Atoll in the Maldives. It is famous for Maldivian cultural events like Langiri, a traditional dance with drums and Thaara.
Fulidhoo is one of the islands of the Vaavu Atoll. Located in the Laccadive Sea, the island is 55.7 km (35 mi; 30 nmi) south of the country's capital, Malé. The land area of the island is 11.3 ha (28 acres) in 2018, up from 9.7 ha (24 acres) in 2007. The island has a large lagoon, which is used as a natural harbour.
|2006-2014: Census populations|
Fulidhoo has a health center and a pharmacy.
- "Table PP5: Resident Population by sex, nationality and locality (administrative islands), 2014" (PDF). Population and Households Census 2014. National Bureau of Statistics. p. 35. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "Coordinate Distance Calculator". Boulter.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Table 1.5 : Population, land area, population density and distance to Male' and atoll capitals, by locality" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Fulidhoo". Ministry of Atolls Development. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007.
- "Socio-economic assessment and monitoring of coral reef resources at Vaavu atoll, Maldives" (PDF). Ministry of Fisheries, Agriculture and Marine Resources. p. 9. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Table 3.3: Total Maldivian Population by Islands" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Atoll Research Bulletin. National Museum of Natural History. January 2012. p. 166.
- Atoll Research Bulletin. National Museum of Natural History. January 2012. p. 173.
- "Panel of Medical Centers" (PDF). Allied Insurance Company. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
|This Maldives location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|