Full House (South Korean TV series)
|Based on||Full House|
by Won Soo-yeon
|Written by||Min Hyo-jung|
|Directed by||Pyo Min-soo|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Executive producer(s)||Kim Jong-sik|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Kim Jong-hak Production|
|Original network||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Original release||14 July –|
4 September 2004
Full House (Korean: 풀하우스; RR: Pul-hauseu) is a 2004 South Korean television series starring Song Hye-kyo, Rain, Han Eun-jung and Kim Sung-soo. Based on the manhwa Full House by Won Soo-yeon, the romantic comedy series aired on KBS2 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:50 for 16 episodes from July 14 to September 4, 2004.
Ji-eun, an aspiring scriptwriter, lives in a house called "Full House" built by her late father. One day, her two best friends trick her into believing that she has won a free vacation. While she is away, they sell her house. On the plane, she meets a famous actor named Young-jae. Through comedic events, they get acquainted during her vacation and when she returns, she discovers that her house has been sold to him.
Though they do not get along with each other due to their contrasting habits, they agree to live with each other. At first, Ji-eun works as his maid in order to buy her house back. However, later, they enter into a contract marriage as Young-jae wanted to make his crush, Kang Hye-won, jealous. Complications arise as Ji-eun and Young-jae become attracted to each other.
- Song Hye-kyo as Han Ji-eun
- An optimistic and cheerful girl who lives in the "Full House", which she inherited from her parents. She is an aspiring writer. She ends up marrying Young-jae under a contract marriage in order to keep the "Full House", but later falls in love with him.
- Rain as Lee Young-jae
- A popular Korean actor. Though appearing to be egotistical and stubborn, he cares deeply for his friends. He possess secret unrequited feelings for his childhood friend, Hye-won but later falls in love with Ji-eun. He has a fragile relationship with his father, who is a doctor.
- Han Eun-jung as Kang Hye-won
- A close family friend of Young-jae, who knows him since childhood. Working as a fashion designer, she also designs most of Young-jae’s clothes. With her wealth and looks, she is accustomed to attention from men, but has ever only loved Yoo Min-hyuk. She is selfish and manipulative, and attempts to hold on to Min-hyuk and Young-jae at the same time.
- Kim Sung-soo as Yoo Min-hyuk
- A play boy, he is smart and rich, but remains detached from people because of his busy lifestyle. He is also close friends with Young-jae, who confides in him his feelings for Han Ji-eun. Min-hyuk is a director of a large media company. He develops feelings for Han Ji-eun, and tries to get her to like him. Eventually, he sees that she can love no one else but Lee Young-jae.
- Jang Yong as Mr. Lee, Young-jae's father
- Sunwoo Eun-sook as Mrs. Kim, Young-jae's mother
- Kim Ji-young as Young-jae's grandmother
- Lee Young-eun as Yang Hee-jin, Ji-eun's friend
- Kang Do-han as Shin Dong-wook, Hee-jin's husband
- Im Ye-jin as Dae Pyo, Young-jae's manager
The location of the titled house, Full House, is a house built specially for the series. It is located in the Gwangyeok-si area of Incheon, near Incheon International Airport, and is a ten-minute boat ride from Sammok Harbor. The house, made mostly of wood, cost approximately US$1 million to build. Nearby sightseeing locations include Jogak (sculpture) Park on Modo Island; a bridge connects these two islands. The house remained a tourist attraction until it was torn down in April 2013 due to irreparable damage from a typhoon.
- Full House (Inst.)
- 운명 [Fate] - WHY
- Forever (Inst.)
- I Think I - Byul
- 시 (Inst.)
- 친구란 말 [The End of Being Friends] - Noel
- 운명 [Fate] (Full Slow Inst.)
- Blue Hills (Inst.)
- 운명 [Fate] (Slow Ver.)
- I Think I Love You (Guitar Inst.)
- 늦게 핀 사랑 (Too Late) [Love Bloomed Late (Too Late)] - G-Soul
- Forever - WHY
- 운명 [Fate] (Semi Slow Inst.)
- Love at the Gate (Inst.)
- 고마워할게요 [I'm Thankful] - Byul
- 늦게 핀 사랑 (Too Late) [Love Bloomed Late (Too Late)] (Violin Inst.)
- Amazing Love (Inst.)
- Paradiso (Inst.)
- 운명 [Fate] (Inst.)
- 처음 그 자리에 [The First Time in the First Place] - Lee Boram
- 타이틀셔플 (허밍)
- 샤랄라 (허밍)
In the table below, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.
|Episode||Original broadcast date||Nationwide||Seoul|
|1||2004-07-14||25.4% (1st)||25.9% (1st)|
|2||2004-07-15||28.5% (1st)||29.2% (1st)|
|3||2004-07-21||31.4% (1st)||32.1% (1st)|
|4||2004-07-22||34.1% (1st)||35.2% (1st)|
|5||2004-07-28||36.8% (1st)||37.7% (1st)|
|6||2004-07-29||38.9% (1st)||40.0% (1st)|
|7||2004-08-04||39.6% (1st)||40.4% (1st)|
|8||2004-08-05||39.9% (1st)||40.7% (1st)|
|9||2004-08-11||40.2% (1st)||40.9% (1st)|
|10||2004-08-12||40.5% (1st)||41.3% (1st)|
|11||2004-08-18||41.0% (1st)||42.0% (1st)|
|12||2004-08-19||41.6% (1st)||42.1% (1st)|
|13||2004-08-25||41.4% (1st)||42.0% (1st)|
|14||2004-08-26||41.5% (1st)||42.1% (1st)|
|15||2004-09-01||41.4% (1st)||42.2% (1st)|
- Top Excellence Award, Actress - Song Hye-kyo
- Excellence Award, Actor - Rain
- Popularity Award, Actor - Rain
- Popularity Award, Actress - Song Hye-kyo
- Best Couple - Rain and Song Hye-kyo
The series aired in China, Thailand, Japan, Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Indonesia, Vietnam (HTV9 & HN1), Philippines, Australia, Singapore, India, Sri Lanka (ITN Channel), Mexico and Algeria (EPTV).
Remakes and sequel
|2009||Full House||Philippines||Richard Gutierrez, Heart Evangelista||First remake|
|Ngôi nhà hạnh phúc||Vietnam||Lương Mạnh Hải, Minh Hằng|
|2012||Full House Take 2||South Korea||Hwang Jung-eum, No Min-woo, Park Ki-woong||Sequel|
|2014||วุ่นนัก รักเต็มบ้าน||Thailand||Mike D. Angelo, Sushar Manaying|
|បំណុលផ្ទះជំពាក់ស្នេហ៏||Cambodia||Heng Norakakada, Huy Chan Reachny, Seong Chandara|
|2015||İlişki Durumu: Karışık||Turkey||Berk Oktay, Seren Şirince|
|2017||Yeh Raha Dil||Pakistan||Yumna Zaidi, Adnan Jaffar, Ali Akbar, Anam Gohar|
|2018||MY Fullhouse: Alamatnya Cinta||Malaysia||Hannah Delisha, Hisyam Hamid, Fahad Iman||Malay language Adaptation (premiere 20 August 2018, Every Monday - Friday , 10:00) Astro Ria|
A musical theatre production of Full House was staged at the Hongik Art Center beginning April 11, 2014. Yang Yo-seob and Leo (VIXX) alternate in the role of Lee Young-jae, while Jung Eun-ji and Joo alternate in the role of Han Ji-eun. Also starring were UJi (Bestie), Kim San-ho, Seo Ha-joon, and Kwak Sun-young.
- "Korean TV Drama: Full House". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Winners at the 2004 KBS Drama Awards". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- Kim, Ji-soo (5 March 2014). "Beast's Yang Yo-seob grabs musical lead". The Korea Times. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Kim, Hee-eun (6 March 2014). "Yo-seob joins new musical". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Lee, Na Rae (3 May 2014). "[Interview] Singer Joo Returns as Musical Actress in ′Full House′". Mwave. CJ E&M Corp. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (5 March 2014). "B2ST Yang Yo Seop, A Pink Jung Eun Ji, VIXX Leo, Joo, and More to Star in Musical 'Full House'". Mwave. CJ E&M Corp. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016.