The sands there are golden, which is rare in Taiwan. Nearby is a camping site named Longmen. This beach is a favorite in the summer for people living in northern Taiwan.
The Shuang River divides the beach into inner and outer parts. There is a footbridge named Rainbow Bridge (彩虹橋) linking the two parts. However, the watercourse of the river varies every year to some extent; sometimes the bridge is functional; other times it is not, because the seaside end would be in the river or in the sea.
Recently the sands of the beach have been diminishing year by year, and the coastline is moving shoreward; i.e., the beach is shrinking. It is believed to be related to the staithe built for the Fourth Nuclear Power Plant of Taiwan for equipment disembarking. 
Since 2000, the Hohaiyan Rock Festival (貢寮國際海洋音樂祭) has been held here for 3 to 5 days in the summer. Normally, it takes place in mid-July, but sometimes it has been delayed due to typhoon interruption or damage to the band shell facilities. Also the watercourse of the Shuang River sometimes changes shape or size, influencing the location of these temporary band shells.
Fulong Beach is accessible as follows:
- Railway：Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA) Fulong Station
Fulong Beach is accessible by car:
- From central Taipei: the Sun Yat-sen Expressway and Northern Seaside Highway (Provincial Highway 2).
- From Southeastern Taipei: through Muzha, Shenkeng Township, and Shihding Township via Taipei County Highway 106 to Pingsi Township, through Ping-Shuang Tunnel to Taipei County Highway 38, and then to Northern Seaside Highway.
- From Eastern Taiwan: via Northern Seaside Highway.
The main parking lot is right next to Fulong visitors center on the main street. Parking is free but it can be quite congested at the weekends.
During summer months (and when the rock festival is not on) entrance to a part of the beach is $100NTD for adults and $10NTD for kids. This includes access to the beach as well as use of showers, changing rooms etc.
This does not include rental of miniature sailboats, canoes, boogie boards, beach umbrellas or sunshade tents/awnings.
- Northeast Coast National Scenic Area Administration Office and Fulong Traveler Service Center
- Longmen Camping Site
- Outlet of Shuanghsi River
- Dongxin Temple of Fulong
- Longmen Nuclear Power Plant