Fulton Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Fulton Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Location of Fulton Township in Fulton County
|• Total||28.8 sq mi (74.5 km2)|
|• Land||28.7 sq mi (74.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||699 ft (213 m)|
|• Density||113.5/sq mi (43.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086125|
Fulton Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 3,261 people in the township, 1,618 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Amboy Township - north
- Richfield Township, Lucas County - northeast corner
- Spencer Township, Lucas County - east, north of Harding Township
- Harding Township, Lucas County - east, south of Spencer Township
- Swanton Township, Lucas County - southeast
- Swan Creek Township - south
- York Township - southwest corner
- Pike Township - west
- Royalton Township - northwest corner
Part of the village of Swanton is located in southeastern Fulton Township.
Name and history
It is the only Fulton Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.