|Headquarters||Fulton, New York|
Number of employees
Fultonhistory.com or Old Fulton NY Postcards is a historic newspaper website which contains archives of over 1,000 New York newspapers, along with collections from other states and Canada. As of February 2018, the site had almost 50 million scanned newspaper pages.
The large amount of content on the site, at least three times as large as the National Digital Newspaper Program's Chronicling America site as of 2013, is also notable because the site is operated by one person, Tom Tryniski, of Fulton, New York. Tryniski began the site circa 1999 with a collection of old postcards of Fulton. Subsequently, he scanned the entire run of the Oswego Valley News, the primary newspaper for Oswego County, New York where Fulton is located. In 2003, Tryniski purchased a microfilm scanner to expand his scanning project. As of May 2013, he is scanning approximately 250,000 pages per month.
- Neason, Alexandria (6 February 2018). How Tom Tryniski digitized nearly 50 million pages of newspapers in his living room, Columbia Journalism Review
- Epstein, Jim (March 5, 2013). "Amateur Beats Gov't at Digitizing Newspapers: Tom Tryniski's Weird, Wonderful Website". Reason.
- "Remarkable Rochester: Past comes alive through newspapers". Democrat and Chronicle. October 10, 2013.
- Casey, Ashley M. (December 18, 2013). "Amateur historian preserves Fulton in online newspaper archive". Oswego Valley News.
- Bishop, Camily. "One Man. One Machine 26 Million+ Newspaper Images". Crowley Company. Retrieved March 17, 2014.